𝖎𝖛. The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived

Kathryn needs a way out of here

Kathryn needs a way out of here. She didn't sleep a wink, not with Rafe in the room, not even after she forced him to sleep on the floor. But if she can get Singh to believe that she'll give him the diary, then he'll let her go and she'll be able to 'get it for him.' Which just means finding JJ and following the first plan he has to hide. He's good at that kind of thing. Or better yet, ask him to find a way to get back to the OBX and warn Henry, who would probably definitely do something illegal to keep her safe.

She's getting sidetracked. She wants a parent to hold her.

She has nothing to lose now. Singh doesn't know where the Pogues are, neither does she, so he can't get it out of her. That's the only thing she has on her side right now, but it's enough to know that her friends are safe.

Kathryn stands up and walks to the window, banging on it loudly enough to wake Rafe, which she doesn't particularly care about. "I want to speak to Mister Singh!" she screams at the guard when he turns to her.

Rafe scrambles up to his knees. "What are you doing? Shut up! What the hell are you doing?"

The man turns away. "As I damn well please," she seethes, rounding him to try the door.

"Think for a second! Kat, what are you doing?"

Kathryn starts knocking on the door. "Hello?"

"What are you doing–"

"Shut up, Rafe!" she cries out.

When no one comes, he sees it as an opportunity to walk up to her. She looks up at him, lips curled up in disgust. "You're lying about this diary thing. You know where it is."

"Yeah, up my ass. It's real uncomfortable, so stop pissing me off."

"Okay, listen, I wouldn't tell me either. But he's never gonna believe we don't know something, all right?" He grabs her arm, as if to prove his point. "Singh killed that–"

Kathryn slaps him across the face. "Do not touch me, I'm being serious, Rafe."

Rafe clenches his jaw, cheek reddening. "Look around, Kat. I'm the only friend you got."