Chap. 17 Make me happy

I'd like to dedicate this chapter to @fatimaharabi82297 for pushing to hurry up and update lol. I thank you so much!!! :)

Jared's Picture is above!

(Loraine's POV)

It was early in the morning and we were currently rehearsing our half time routine that the dance team would be performing this Friday on the football field.

Unfortunately for all the girls and I, we were being punish by dancing our routine and running four laps around the field because Rebecca was messing up the formation time and time again.

"Rebecca!" Ms. Brook's eyes just about wanted to pop out from whatever kind of ligament it was attached too. "It's thanks to you that the whole dance team is being punished! You either step it up and do the dance correctly or you won't be performing this Friday!"

I looked at Rebecca who had been awfully quiet when I had picked her up this morning.

She had been giving blank stares and seemed like she was here but not really here...Like an alien that had just arrived on earth and felt out of place.

"Four laps around the field again ladies!" Cindy, our dance captain exclaimed as she blew her whistle.

Yeah...Cindy had a whistle and it was always annoying when she blew it. I'm pretty sure if Scarlett had one she would probably abuse of it too.

All the girls groaned and glared murderously at my best friend and began running once again.

"What's going on Rebecca?" I was jogging side by side with her while Scarlett was in the front motivating the girls to not quit running.

Rebecca stared ahead and murmured 'nothing'.

"You're lying." I said immediately. "Something is going on inside that head of yours that keeps on distracting you in getting the dance formation wrong. Now tell me, what's going on so that I can help you."

"I'll tell you later Loraine." She replied without looking at me. "If I tell you right now I'm afraid of having a break down and I really don't want that."

I tried to steady my breathing because I was already getting tired of running so much, as I took everything that she had just said in.

Something was making her feel sad...and my nice little heart was feeling for her.

"Okay." I nodded as we made a turn. "If you need anything though, just know that I'm right here."

"Thank you Loraine." She finally looked at me and saw that she was forcing a smile but she wasn't fooling me.

School didn't start in another ten minutes and Scarlett, Rebecca and I had those minutes to spare and talk.

"So shoot out with it Rebecca, what's going?" Scarlett bluntly nodded towards her way while we were sitting underneath a tree.

Sighing, Rebecca looked up at the tree and said, "I found out my dad has been cheating on my mom for who knows how long and has a little boy with another woman."

As soon as Scarlett and I heard that we could only gasp in astonishment.

"Y-you're kidding." I found it hard to say anything else.

I knew Rebecca's parents for so long that my head couldn't register what she had just said. Her parents always looked so in love when I would go to her house...that it was impossible that her dad could be cheating on her mom.

She shook her head and looked at us with glazed, teary eyes.

"I'm not." She replied. "I saw it with my own eyes."