30 - Heart, Body, and Soul

We don't leave the apartment for the next three days. Nate's eager to try every corner in this place and every position in the playbook. My favorite so far is watching the city lights in the living room as I bend forward with my hands pressed against the terrace's glass doors while Nate stands behind me. That way, I can see his reflection through the glass, and it seems like hundreds of stars twinkle in his body as he rides me.

When we finally meet our friends at our usual bar on the weekend, Olga kicks me under the table, beaming with the brightest smile. "Shut up!" she cries. "Tell me more."

"Do you want me to shut up or tell you more?" I chuckle, throwing an arm around Nate's shoulder. Olga kicks me under the table again and rolls her eyes. "Well, we are together," I say, rubbing my ankle.

"Speak!" she cries again, sending me another kick.

"Ouch! Olga!" I protest.

"I mean—we knew this was going to happen. We just didn't know when," she says, wagging her finger between Daniel and her. "Now, tell me. How? When?"

"You want me gone for this, babe?" Nate asks, kissing my hand on his shoulder.

I squeeze his knee as I turn to Olga. "It was time."

She finally stops kicking me under the table and raises her virgin mojito with a wide smile. "To you, then."

Three more glasses join hers in the air. "To us."

Later that night, Nate takes me back to my apartment in Tribeca to pick up some clothes. He waits for me by the door as I walk out of my bedroom, holding two pairs of boots. "Pick one," I say.

"Those." He points at the suedes. "Or both. I don't know... Pack everything."

"I can't pack everything, Nate." Is he out of his mind? But then I see the glow in his eyes. His signature crooked smile takes over his face, and it hits me. He is asking me to move in with him.

My jaw falls open, and the boots slip out of my grasp. Is this really happening? I blink a couple of times. Yep... Nate is still here, hands on his waist, while I keep standing with my arms stretched forward like a misplaced statue in a museum.

"Yes," I whisper.

"Yes, to what?"

"I'll move in with you." We've already been living together for the last three weeks. I feel secure with Nate; ours is the sweetest connection I've ever had. Why travel between two homes when we only need one?

Nate lets out an exhale, then closes the distance between us in a couple of long steps. I hold onto his shoulders when his lips fall on my smile.

"Take what you can. I'll send someone to pack the rest," he says, moving his kisses down my neck. His breath heats my skin. I dip my hand into his hair and press my body against his. His little bites are sizzling, making me crave more. The bump in front of his pants is growing, and Nate bends his knees to make sure I feel it between my legs.

"Let's go home." His whisper gives me goosebumps.

I pull his neck and capture his lips when he attempts to head toward the door. "You know, we can stay and..."

"No," he says softly, and steps back. "Not here."

The pain in his voice aches my heart. I get it. This is where Nate missed his chance on our very first night after the gala, and then again on my birthday... Here is where I shut the door to his face and became Roman's—heart, body, and soul.

"Okay," I say, gently cupping his sweet face. His head is still low; he doesn't look into my eyes. I rise on my toes, and press my lips against his.

Can I make him feel like he's all that matters in the universe? I drive my tongue into his mouth, running my fingers through his hair. Nate pulls me deeper into his arms and crushes me against his chest. He's moaning now. Our lips are opening and closing together. Our tongues are making the most delicious sounds.