37.

"Mommy! Somebody calling this phone." She came running into the kitchen, and handed me the phone. I answered it.

"I ain't call you." I rolled my eyes and passed the phone back to Amani.

"It's yo big headed daddy." she giggled and took it from me. I went back to making dinner.

I'm glad he called, she's been talking non-stop about her daddy-daughter-uncle day. And, I'm glad he kept his promise, she would've been heartbroken if he didn't. In between her excitement about her day, she's been asking when was he gonna call her.

"Mommy, daddy wants to know if I can have a room at his house?"

"I'm sure you already asked him for one, but that's his house I can't tell him what to do in it."

"Are you gonna let me go to it?"

Before I could speak, Adonis, did. "I got some stuff I need ta take care of first, and once that's done, we gon see bout gettin you down hea, deal?"

"You just talked to mommy, you gotta do it again?"

"Nah, this time it's somethin I gotta talk ta ya Uncle Loc about."

She palmed her face. "Why do grown ups have to talk so much?" we laughed as I finished up this spaghetti.

"Ion know baby girl."

"Croissants or garlic bread?" I asked Mani.

"Crescents!" I pulled em out the fridge.

"Are you gonna help me make them?" she nodded.

"You ova thea makin burgers? Yall gon turn into one." he joked, I rolled my eyes and shook my head. He get on my nerves sometimes.

"No, spaghetti if you must know." Mani and I rolled the crescent rolls up. They not gon take that long.

"Close enough."

"Am I gonna be able to come to your house before mommy forces me back to school?" I laughed.

"Ion know yet. I gotta work some stuff out, and then we'll see. If not, I'll come to you."

"Ok. Mommy is it ok if daddy stay here when he come back?" those eyes of hers are gonna be the death of me.

"If he wants to, we have two guest rooms."

"Daddy are you gonna stay here?"

"Maybe."

"You should, and then you can sleep in the room close to mine!" she beamed. Those who sleep in that room, are the same people who spoil her. My dad, Danielle, Alex, and now Adonis all are made to sleep in that room.

Gabby is the only person outside of me who has ever slept in Mani's room. Even when she had a sleepover for her 4th birthday, she made all of them sleep in her playroom. There were blankets and pillows everywhere, I had to make sure the floor was pretty comfortable.

Anyway, when we finished rolling these pillsbury crescent rolls, I put em in the oven.

"You want a side salad, too?" Yes, I encourage healthy eating for her, she actually has no problem eating vegetables. I'm the one with the problem.

"Yes" she said before going back to her conversation with Adonis. I think I'm being replaced now.

Nope, that's not happening, she's just happy to be able to talk to him. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. I shook the thought and pulled out the stuff to make this salad.

"Ok. Love you daddy!" I heard her say and then she blew him a kiss.

"Love you too, baby girl." this bond they're developing is cute.