Mother's Day Special

"Happy mommies day!!!!!" I heard Mani yell. Her and this early morning energy is ridiculous, she doesn't even like gettin up this early for school.

I opened my eyes, to see her standing next to me with a bowl of cereal and a homemade flower.

"Thank you baby girl" I said sitting up wit a smile. "Let me go brush my teeth and wash my face and then I'll be ready for breakfast, ok?" I asked as I got up out of bed.

She nodded while sitting everything on my nightstand.

__

When I came out the bathroom, she was watching Sofia The 1st and eating the cereal she brought for me. I shook my head at the sight.

"I thought that was for me" I said walking into the closet, I need to find something to wear.

"It was, but I got hungry" she said so innocently.

"Ihop it is" I said more so to myself, but she heard me and got happy.

"Yayy! I got the perfect outfit too" she said before dashing out the room. At least one of us know what we're wearing.

Seconds later she came back, with a two gift bags in her hand.

"You can match my fly" she said before leaving out again. What am I gon do with this little girl?

I sat the bags on my bed and opened the first one, which held a dress and some jewelry. The second bag had a pair of sandals with a card. I wanted to cry.

The card read:
Happy Mommies Day from the best daughter in the world!
I love you to the stars and back!
You stole my heart, so I stole yours too!
You're the best mommy I could ever ask for!

Love always
Amani Donielle Bellini

P.S. You have everything, so auntie Dani and Ms. Tracy helped me make you something, hope you like it.

Dani, Mani, and my other designer, Tracy, had been in the design studio for the past month or so, working on a "secret," and words can't describe how grateful I am for her and how proud I am that she came up with this. She has a bright future in the world of fashion, if that's the path she chooses.

"Mani! Come here!" I yelled with tears of joy in my eyes.

When she came in, I saw she had on the same exact dress as the one I had just received.

"Thank you soooooooooo much for my gifts. I love you forever and always." I said giving her a kiss on the cheek and a bear hug.

"I'm glad you love it and you're welcome! But I gotta finish getting ready for my pancakes." way to ruin a moment, Mani.

I let her go, and proceeded to get ready myself.

___

"Happy Mother's Day. Are you ready to order or do you all need more time" the waitress asked after a few minutes of us being seated.

"More time on the food, but we can order drinks." My head was in the menu, and Mani was coloring. No matter how many times I come in here, I can never choose what to eat.

"Ok. Wha--- oh my gosh! Your dresses are so pretty" she gushed, guess her eyes were glued to her notepad.

"Thank you" Mani and I said together.

"I made it myself" Mani smiled wide.

"Really?!?! It's beautiful" the waitress spoke again.

"Yeah! I came up with the colors and how I wanted it to look and my auntie Dani and Ms. Tracy helped me make it."

"You did a wonderful job. My apologies what can I get you to drink?"

"It's no problem. A strawberry lemonade for both of us."

"Ok, I'll bring that right out. Can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"Do you know of anywhere I could buy my daughter and I matching outfits?"

"Yeah, I actually own a store called Child of an Empire." I said as I pulled a card out.

"Thank you! I'll be right back." she said rushing off to the back.

___

"We gotta go to papa house." Mani said as we walked out ihop.

"Why?" I hit the unlocks on the car.

"He said it's a party over there."

"If you say so, little one." I pulled off heading to my dad's house.

___

"Happy Mother's Day!!" Everybody screamed when I walked in. My dad's family was here, a few friends, and a few of my mom's family members.

"Thank you. Happy Mother's Day to all of you as well."

Even my grandmother was here, the dramatics are about to be real. My grandfather had some business to handle last minute, so be couldn't be here. But my grandmother and Mani? Time to pull out the camera.

"Girl, I went in that store of yours and I almost lost my damn mind. Almost went broke in there, but I did not see these dresses in there." My cousin Camilla said.

"Mani designed these."

"Baby girl gon take over when you retire."

"Yeah, I know. But lets see what her and Glam up to now."

"Wait let me get my camera for these divas" she said.

Mother's day is nothing short of interesting when this family gets together.

Happy Mother's Day to all the mommies and mommies to be!

*******

Dresses in the multimedia

Just a flashback, since the story has been based in the summer.