Reunion Before the Farewell

April 2000

Jung Jihoon was writing all the notes he had for class today. English class was a lot harder than he has expected even with Eric and Andy helping him. Pronouncing certain vowels proved to be a challenge. Hearing the bell finally ring it was time for Jihoon to exit the campus.

"That was very brutal today Jihoon. I am not ready for exams I can tell you that." Wheesung cried out.

"You should probably study more so you won't feel so unprepared. You know how important having good grades are for graduating." Jihoon reminded him.

Being a senior you're always reminded the need to finding a good university. It's basically sounded like your only choice after highschool. Jihoon still hasn't decided yet, but either way he still has his idol career to fall back to. His position was already demanding enough.

Outside of the campus was Kangta sitting by the car with Hwansung already inside. The music was so loud that you could practically hear it from outside. It sounded like a rap song with a funk beat. Hwansung always loved blasting his music on max. Sometimes he wishes he could be this brave.

"Come my lady, come-come my lady
You're my butterfly, sugar baby
Come my lady, you're my pretty baby
I'll make your legs shake
You make me go crazy
Come my lady, come-come my lady
You're my butterfly, sugar baby
Come my lady, you're my pretty baby
I'll make your legs shake
You make me go crazy"

"WHAT IS GOING ON HERE!!" Wheesung covered his ears.

"HYUNG ALWAYS DOES THAT!! I HAVE TO GO I'LL SEE YOU TOMORROW!!" Jihoon shouts.

"ABOUT TIME YOU MADE IT KID COME ON IN!!" Kangta guided Jihoon on the back seat. They took off without Wheesung understanding what was going on. The poor boy just shrugged it off as idol shenanigans.

"Yo what's up kid did you missed me?" Hwansung turned the music down a bit so they could talk.

"Hwansung hyung... I thought you already went off to China."

"I haven't yet, but I will in a week or two. I just it was a good idea to hangout before the big show. I hear y'all from Shinhwa are going back with something sexy is what a birdie told me correct?"

"Yep, our maknae isn't going isn't going to be a kid much longer."

"Is that the word? When is your birthday?" Asked Hwansung.

"June 25, hyung."

"That means... Shit you'll be nineteen! Another year and you'll be able to drink. I just had mine's back in February. Been an alcoholic ever since, but I want to try the strong stuff!"

"Chill out there little homie you barely reached of age. Don't forget you're an idol too. They don't wanna see a drunk who can barely form his sentences, they want a sexy oppa who tells them their fantasy, roleplay type stuff." Kangta stated.

"Damn big homie I didn't think you were into that stuff. Thought you were a rich goody two shoes!"

"Just because I lived well off didn't mean I was closeted from everything of the world. You make it sound like I'm a monk in a monastery!"

"I see where Jihoon gets the goody two shoes act from. Word of advice Jihoon, just ignore this fool. It's no use living so uprightly in an industry that sees you as a product more than anything. Y'all need to live your lives!! Being cooped up in the camera all the time is exhausting, live how wanna live Jihoon. Understand?" Hwansung said to Jihoon.