New life Adjustments + Graduation

January 1998

The recent financial crisis has rocked Korea very hard. Inflation of the Won caused many businesses to go out. Groups that have existed before H.O.T have phased out and the idol market has experienced a drop on sales.

It's getting to the point where his parents are being affected by it. His father grows restless on what to do with the situation with his parsley business. In a way Jihoon feels extremely guilty having the leave the family when they need him the most.

Jihoon packed his bags as he prepared to move in.

"Don't go oppa!" Said the voice of his eleven year old younger sister as she dragged him back.

"Come on Hana-ah you know your oppa has to go." His mother pulled her back.

"BUT I DON'T WANT HIM TO LEAVE ME!" The young girl shouted.

"You really have to leave son." His father said smoking a cigarette. His eyes had bags from lack of proper sleep.

"Mianhe abeoji. It's the only way to make sure you're all safe." Jihoon replied, tightening his bookbag.

"Make sure you do well kid, you better not slack off because you're away. I expect good grades from you." His father warned, blowing off the smoke of the cigarette.

"I know abeoji, have you seen my latest grades?" Jihoon said.

"I know but I want you to do your absolute best. You see how bad this recession has effected everyone. If you work hard you can find a higher paying job that can sustain you. Don't end up like us, make better choices." His father advised him.

The soon to be middle school girl was still crying. She can't fathom being separate from her brother. It's been hard enough with him being an idol.

"Don't cry Hana-ah, I'll be fine under my hyung's care. I'll come visit ever weekend so don't feel sad for me." Jihoon carcasses her cheek to wipe her remaining tears. He gave gentle kiss to her forehead before he left the apartment complex.

"Took you a while kid." Kangta leaned nearby.

"Mianhe, my sister is sad about me leaving. I gave her a kiss and told her I would visit."

"That's adorable." Jaewon ruffled his hair.

"You're ready to head out?" Kangta said. Jihoon nodded in response.

So the three under the care of Sooman's personal manager drove them away from the downtown center, into an apartment complex near the Han River. They were immediately guided upstairs up the fifth floor where the manager opened the door on the right.

Jihoon marveled at the size of the room. As someone used to living a in a crowded apartment, having an independent room within the living was insane.

"It's like having two houses in one!" Like the young child he is, he ran across the living room in a circle.

"I forget the kid is used to living in poverty." Jaewon said.

"I thinks it's pretty cute. He's like an innocent child " Kangta laughed in amusement.

"Who's gonna get the bed?" Jihoon stopped to catch his breath.

"I don't know, which bed you feel like sleeping in?" Kangta asked.

The young boy paced for a few seconds until he jumped on the one near the wide windows.

"Guess he made his choice. Let's get a little comfortable for today." Kangta said sitting on the comfortable couch.

"Ohh I always wanted these!!" Jihoon picked up a Gameboy or known in Korea as the Mini Comboy. Currently he got lost playing Tetris.

"When you're used to not having much anything can be exciting." Kangta laughed.

So the boys soon set up all of their things in their respective spaces. Jaewon's was perhaps the cleanest as his clothes were neatly folded and organized accordingly.

Kangta was folded in a similar manner, but they were more or less lumped in together. His clothes consisted of expensive brands like Gucci, Tommy Hilfigers, and Abercrombie and Fitch.

Jihoon perhaps was the messiest as he just dumped the clothes whenever there was room available. His dressed was still relatively cheap compared to his hyung, but with the rise of income he was able to afford better wear. He still retained his brand new Adidas he brought with his own money. He made sure to treasure it with a show box that contained some pictures of his family and a locket his mother gave to him.

Jihoon grinned laying on his new comfortable bed. His inner child returned as he was giggling like crazy.

"It's just a bed kiddo." Jaewon pointed out.

"I never felt a bed this comfortable. I could literally sleep all day!" He stretched his arms before he began tucking himself like a toddler.

"You never fail to make me laugh." Kangta smiled at his adopted little brother as they went to sleep.

One month later

"Look at the little boy. It's hard to believe how fast time works." His manager said.

"Indeed, he's no longer such a little boy." Sooman said with pride.

The trainees sat close to Sooman further back.

"Look at the kid. He's really feeling himself today." Minwoo smirked ok excitement.

"He's so lucky to even have attention. I wish it was me." Hyesung said with jealousy.

"He's worked hard to get here, the least we can do is support him." Eric argued.

"I don't know why I'm here! Sounds like a waste of time!" A small child named Kwon Jiyong plopped on his seat.

"Be grateful ajusshi gave you a spot to sit kid." Dongwon said to him.

"It's so boring!" Jiyong crossed his arms.

S.E.S sat nearby with H.O.T also cheering their "senior".

"WE LOVE YOU JIHOON!" Eugene gave a heart gesture with Bada waving frantically.

"Congratulations Jihoon!!" Tony hollered from the audience as their maknae stepped forward on the podium for his middle school graduation.

"YOU LOOK REAL DOPE TODAY!" Kangta also hollered.

"Was that necessary?" Jaewon covered his ears.

"We have to give our support to our little runt." Woohyuk argued.

"He's right look at the little kid. I never seen such a child so happy." Heejun replied.

Jihoon shook his head at his seniors antics. No matter where he goes he can never escape embarrassment.

"Come and deliver your speech." The staff instructed before he Jihoon began speaking.

"There's a lot of emotions I'm feeling right now. Obviously, my life changes completely when I met my hyungs and for the year and a half I been maknae, I feel like I gotten to know them well. I just want to thank my parents for always encouraging me to chase my dreams. Even though I'm growing up, I will strive to always be young and carefree. Gamsahabnida to all the teachers who put up with my strict schedule and I hope to inspire others with my actions." Jihoon gave a heartfelt speech before he reunited with his parents.

"I'm so proud of you boy!" His father ruffled his hair.

"You look so handsome." His mother reminded him.

"Eomma!" Jihoon rolled his eyes in embarrassment.

"You were so cool oppa!" Hana squeezed him hard in celebration.

"You certainly done my boy. How about we celebrate your accomplishment." Sooman as the recently formed SM celebrated.