Unmarked Mates- Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Walking in the cold and winding,dark night of the woods was not my idea of fun. Especially in a long, black strapless dress. I was on my way- to get my son back.

I was walking on the smooth, dirt road, it was leading me to the house right in the middle of the woods. I could just shift and run along, but I didn't want to carry my brand new dress in my mouth and get my wolf cooties on it.

After a few minutes the stylish house finally came into view.

There were ten or so wolves slowing pacing around the front, probably on tonight's guard.

There heads shot up as I approached the lawn and like always, they bowed their heads down in respect. I nodded back in return. Walking up the steps, I went to the front door and let myself in.

I could smell my son's scent, so now I'm just hoping that his still in here because I also have a daughter to get home to and fast.

I went straight to the lounge room and saw the stupid Alpha- who decided he could just take my son away from me- sitting on a black leather sofa, facing me. He had his same short dark brown hair and eyes. Looks like New York didn't change him. Much.

"Where is he?" I demanded through gritted teeth. I don't care if his my Alpha or even mate, he should know how aggressive us females get if the subject is our child. So now I ain't going to calm down and show him some respect, if that's what his expecting.

He just looked at me "I'm loosing my patience," I was getting so angry, that I could shift at any second now.

He through me a cell phone, which I instantly caught.

"Call that brother of yours- I just dropped of Nick to him,” he said, obviously knowing I wasn't gonna believe him.

"Why?"

"Beacause I had business to attend too and it was fairly close to your brothers house," he explained.

"Which brother?" I asked. Seriously he knew I had two of them

"Xavier."

I dialled my oldest brother's number. He answered on the first ring.

"He's here," He said sounding bored.

"Put him on the line," I felt much calmer now.

"His asleep," He replied.

"Then wake him up," I insisted. I heard him muttering something about what a bad mother I was for waking my son up.

"Mum," I heard my ten year old son mumble sleepily. I smiled to myself.

“Baby, are you okay?” I rushed

“Yeah, mum,” I heard him say fully alert now, “I miss you!”

“I'll be there in a bit to pick you up,” I said “I love you." And ended the call.

“Poor fella, must have missed you so much,” he said as I chucked his phone back to him.

“If you care so much then why kidnap him?” I asked angrily

“His my son too you know, so it isn't kidnapping!” he snapped, "how dare you speak to me like that?"

I ignored his question, “You could have just asked if you wanted to see him!” I shouted back “Instead of taking him from my home when I wasn't there!”

“Last time I did, you decided to take off to London with not only our son, but also our daughter just to get them both away from me!”

“That was different,” I said softly and cut him off before he could say anything. "I was kind of confused when I got home and only saw Nick gone," I raised my eyebrows waiting for him to answer.

“Evelyn is still too young- she would have begged to see you all week long."

Now I had nothing to say to that, cause yeah Evelyn couldn't even stay a few hours without me.

"Do you mind if Nick and maybe Evelyn could stay with me for the weekends?" he asked, but I could tell he was holding himself to command me to let him- his hands were balled into fists.

I thought a while. Should I protest? Do I even have the right to? I mean he is my children's father after all, but also the back stabbing idiot that betrayed me and my pack and only because I didn't want to join his pack. He knew that we were going to be attacked by rogues and didn't warn us. My dad, the Alpha, died trying to save us, and it was all his fault!

I finally gave up and nodded. He always gets what he wants, he is the darn Alpha anyway.

“Hey and I'm sorry, Lana, for worrying you.” Was he seriously saying sorry? I couldn't believe my ears.

“It's okay Chad,” I said simply, “can I go now?” he nodded, I bowed my head, turned around and went out the door I came in from. Cold air greeted me and I hugged my arms around myself. It was male wolf's that didn't get cold, not us females.

Then I just remembered why I was wearing this dress- it was my younger brother, Alex's, eighteenth birthday party-and I just missed it, cause now I was going over to Xavier s, to pick up my son and take him home-where he belonged.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you enjoyed! Please comment and tell me what you think and maybe even vote?

Thanks for reading :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~