An Undiscovered Dream: Chapter 4

My eyes pop open, and the sun is shining through my window. The alarm clock reads 9:00 am and Addison isn't in the room. I get up and walk downstairs. She is sitting on the couch cuddled with Lottie and watching the news.

"Morning, Girlie," she says in between bites of her Cinnamon Toast Crunch. "Looks like the weather is going to be on our side today." I look at the tv screen in time to see the weather man point at a symbol of a sun placed right over Detroit on the map. A big '60°' is written underneath the sun.

"That's great," I say. "How long have you been up?"

"About an hour. You looked sound asleep so I just left ya go." She says.

"Thanks," I say laughing.

"Oh, by the way, you must've left your phone downstairs last night. I found it on the counter in the kitchen. I was getting breakfast and Jordan called." My face lit up. "He wanted to beg again to see if we'd let him go with us tonight. I told him there was no need and that he can go." She continued, "Although, I did say something I shouldn't have."

"Adds, what did you say?" I ask as I glare at her. She smiles innocently

"Just that you begged me to let him go and that you're excited to see him."

"Wow, thanks," I say sarcastically, though I'm giggling. I may be annoyed that she intervened, but she's my best friend. And she did it out of love.

After we both take turns in the shower, we decide to give my car a bath. It may be chilly out, but the weather is nice for it being March, and my car needs cleaned. When we are done, we make plans for Jordan to meet is for Chinese for lunch, as it's already 12:30 pm. He's already there when we pull into the parking lot, and his face lights up when he sees my car. Addy slaps my arm playfully.

"Aww, he's excited to see you," she says, smiling.

"Funny," I say, scowling playfully at her. "Don't do or say anything to embarrass me, please."

"Soph, it's just Jordan. We've hung out with him before. It's not that big of a deal."

"Exactly," I raise my eyebrows at her, shut the car off, and get out. Jordan meets us as we're halfway through the parking lot.

"Hey," he says, smiling at both of us.

"Hi," I say, smiling back. We start walking towards the restaurant.

"Okay, this is awkward," Addison says. I smack her as Jordan looks at both of us questioningly.

"Let's just go eat. I'm hungry," I say, walking faster.

"I can agree to that," Jordan nods his head. Addy is right, though. Things are kind of awkward. No one is saying anything. The awkward silence doesn't last tong, however. As soon as we are settled at our table -- our food already ordered -- Adds and I start with our normal, weird conversations, and surprisingly, Jordan joins in. We talk about random stuff, and eventually, it's 2:00 pm. We decide to go to the mall and hang our for a few hours until we head to the stadium for the concert.

"Where's your car, Jordan?" I ask as we leave the restaurant.

"I left it with my brother," he answers, "I told him he could borrow it today as long as he dropped me off here first. You don't mind me riding with you guys, do you?"

"Of course not," I say.

"Just know that I've called permanent shotgun for the night so you're sitting in the back. Capiche?" Adds says, winking at him.

"Capiche," he says. We all load in my car and drive to the mall. To my surprise, Jordan stays with us the entire time, as we hit every single store in the mall. As we're walking through JC Pennies, Cimorelli's hit, Renegade, comes on the radio. Obviously, Adds and I sing and dance throughout the store, while Jordan just laughs and pretends he doesn't know us.

"And that was Cimorelli with 'Renegade.' These talented girls will be at Detroit's own stadium tonight. Come out and support them on their world tour. They've come so far with the Cimfam's help and they're happy to be in our city. Doors open at 7:00 pm and the concert starts at 8:00 pm," says the host on the radio.

"It's 5:00 now," Jordan points out.

"Yeah," Addy says, "We should probably get going. The line is bound to be long already." I nod in agreement. With that, we leave the mall, load back into my car, and head to the stadium, jamming to Cimorelli's newest album as we go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 chapters this week, I'm proud of myself haha. Thanks for reading! I hope you're enjoying the storyline. If you've got any suggestions, please let me know. Hope you're have an amazing Easter, guys <3

~Becky