An Undiscovered Dream: Chapter 8

Update: This is a short chapter, I'm sorry. Thanks for being patient with my slow uploads and I hope you're enjoying the storyline. I quickly wrote this chapter last class period in study hall so sorry if it's a crappy read. Thanks for reading and I hope you like it. :)

~Becky

_______________________________

"We're in danger," Sarah's words ring through my ears, and I feel like I'm going to black out. Jordan must have realized my feeling sick because he wraps his arm around my side to stabilize me. Sarah continues, "There's strange readings of nuclear activity all around Detroit. Random sites are exploding, one right across the street from the stadium." The tour bus hums to life and we leave the parking lot of the stadium.

"Where are we going?" Christina asks.

"Back to Malibu." Sarah says. Katherine's phone rings.

"It's mom," she says to her sisters and then answers the call. "Hey, mom...we're fine, we just left the stadium....mom, it's okay...yes, we're coming home...we have some fans with us...no, it's okay...theyre just as worried as we are...yes, I promise...we love you. Okay, bye."

"I feel so bad. She's got to be so worried about you guys," Addy says.

"She is," Kath says, "we'll be fine, though. In a couple days, we'll be home."

"You guys should get some sleep," Sarah tells us. "All of you." The girls give us a quick tour of the bus and then head straight for their bunk beds. Sarah leads Addy, Jordan, and me to the very back where there are two extra beds. "You can share these and I'll sleep on the sofa up front. I'm sorry you got stuck in the middle of this. We didn't exactly give you a choice on whether to come or not."

"It's alright, we're honored to be here. Thank you for caring," I give her a light smile. She smiles back.

"You're welcome. Now get some sleep. It's going to be a long trip back to California."

Jordan lies in one bed and Addison and I share the other. Despite the disaster happening around me, I quickly drift off into a deep sleep.