An Undiscovered Dream: Chapter 1

My name is Sophia, and I am eighteen years young. I was born and raised in Detroit, Michigan. I grew up as an only child in a single parent home. My mother just up and left when I was four, and I don't remember her at all. My father never remarried, but he died of lung cancer six months ago. For a month or so afterward, I thought I'd never get on with my life. Now, however, I've decided that tragedies happen, but I'm still living and I need to move on. I loved my father, he was the only parent figure I've ever known. But I remember the happy moments and thoughts about him instead of the depressing memories.

I now live in a one bedroom apartment in the outskirts of Detroit. I just recently graduated from high school, and I plan to start university in the fall with an undecided major. I spend most of my time working at a Subway restaurant downtown, but during my free time, I'm watching and re-watching online videos of my favorite girls in the world--Cimorelli. Six sisters, who are amazing idols, came together and formed a band in Sacramento, California. They then moved to Malibu to fulfill their dream of getting noticed by record labels. This dream came true, and now they've got three EPs and an original album out they're also touring the world for the next year and are working on a second original album. They'll be in Detroit this weekend for a concert before they leave for Europe, and I was obviously the first to buy tickets. My best friend, Addison, and I have front row seats and we won backstage passed in a video sweepstakes the girls had about eight months ago. We're so pumped to meet out idols, but as the time gets closer, I'm also nervous.

"What am I going to say? What will they think of us?" I ask myself, although I've got nothing to worry about. Cimorelli is not only known for their amazing talent, but also for their kindness toward their fans. The excitement in me build, though, as I think about the fact that the concert is just two days away.