her debut (grace clinton)

Y/N POV:

we were on the coach driving to our game against Austria I was sittingwith grace, tooney and less. we were all inseparable as we'd been friends for a while from United. Tooney and less were a duo and me and grace were a duo and we were all a group it was just so perfect.

Grace and I had always had this special kind of bond not friendship, something more. I'd get jealous when she's be all touchy with other girls and I'd get butterflies when we made eye contact. But we're best friends at least for now.

I looked to my left where grace was sitting to see her leg bouncing up and down. I placed my hand on her leg. She was clearly nervous as she was starting for England and making her first senior England debut tonight.

"hey you'll smash it okay." I whispered in her ear.

"I hope so I'm just scared what if I mess something up" she ranted.

"grace, you won't you're one of the best players I've ever seen and you've got tons of talent and even if you did mess something up which I'm sure you won't everyone makes mistakes is its not a big deal darling." I said to the girl next to me.

a blush appeared on her cheeks and I couldn't help but smirk.

GRACE POV:

I am very nervous to make my senior debut for England tonight but y/n is helping with my nerves she called me darling and my head is like going crazy I've had a massive crush on her for agessssss and she just called me darling.

"t-thanks." I stuttered.

I got hit lightly on the arm by someone on the other table I turned my head and was met with another one of my best mates Maya.

"grace your face is like super red." she whispered to me.

Mayas the only person who I've told about my crush for y/n.

"oh shit." I said back to her.

"is it because of you know whoooo." Maya teased but still whispered.

"maybe but don't say anything do you know what will stop my face from being red?" I asked her.

"I knew it! And yeah just go to the toilet and put some cold water on your face and you'll be okay." she said.

"thanks maya." I said.

"always." She said back to me.

"guys I'll be back in a sec just going to the bathroom." I told the 3 people I was sitting with.

A mix of okays and mhms came from them. I didn't want to take y/n's hand off of my leg but I also didn't want to look like a tomato so I had to.

I got up and went to the bathroom and wiped some cold water onto my face that was red the water helped calm it down.

Within about a few minutes I was back sitting with the girls and y/n's hand was yet again on my thigh.

"you okay?" She asked me.

"yeah perfect." I told her.

"you sure are perfect grace." she whispered to herself.

"what was that?" I asked even though I knew I heard what she said.