Chapter 25 - Hug (Part 1)

Arden's POV-

Arden tugged on Alec's sleeve, asking to be put down. His brother reluctantly complied, then watched as he took several stumbling steps toward the duo.

He took their hands gently, his gaze compassionate. His touch was just as soft, and the two found themselves melting away the walls around their hearts.

"Arien, Arjen...do the servants treat you badly?"

The twins in question looked at each other reluctantly, before turning to look at their youngest brother once again.

"Not necessarily, but we do feel trapped. There's also...a lot of work."

"I see..."

Then, without warning, the small boy wrapped his arms around his siblings.

"Alec told me that this is a hug, and it's supposed to make you feel better. Do you feel better now, brother and sister?"

The twins leaned into the hug gratefully, smiling at the adorable nature of their youngest brother.

"Yes, we do."

Arden smiled as well, glad to have helped.

"Then, whenever you feel overwhelmed, you can hug each other. Oh! You can also visit me and give me a hug!"

From behind, Alec chucked at their antics. Then, without warning, he picked up all three of the children.

"Yes. Feel free to visit us. Arden would love to spend time with you."

He turned in the direction of their palace.

"Should I show you the way?"

After seeing the twins nod, he began walking in the direction of his and Arden's living quarters. He occasionally pointed at notable bushes and flowers in order to guide them if they got lost.

Once they reached their destination, Alec waved his hand dramatically, though it was hindered because he was carrying three children.

"Welcome to our humble abode!"

[264 words]

What did I just write... I realized that I changed the story a bit by making the servant leave, but I didn't know what to make them do before returning to their room. This is what I came up with...

At least it kind of connects to the next part of the manhwa??