Chapter 11 - Turning Point (Part 4)

Arden's POV-

Arden sat comfortably in the arms of his savior and brother, the second prince. However, because his body was as small as that of a three-year-old, and because his neck needed support, it looked as if Alexander Eugene Yuriana was cradling him. To make matters worse, he was placed in a highchair by the table where the emperor and his two siblings, whom he had met briefly in Derolina Castle, sat.

He looked enviously at Arien and Arjen, who were treated differently despite all three being the same age. While Arien and Arjen were wearing clothes that had a mature feel befitting those of royal blood, Alec had dressed Arden in a cardigan and ruffle shirt decorated with bows and bunnies. Even his shoes were decorated with bows. However, Arden could not complain because the clothes were indeed very comfortable.

Arden leaned on the bunny-shaped cushion behind his back. Since the atmosphere between his siblings and the emperor seemed very tense, Arden did not make any noise. Even as the dishes were served and they began to eat, the room was silent. No one, not even the emperor, spoke.

Alec turned to Arden with a spoon in his hand, breaking the silence.

"Arden, try this soup. It should be light enough for your stomach."

Arden opened his mouth, tasting the flavorful and creamy soup that was indisputably more scrumptious than the poisonous soup he was served in Derolina Castle. Alec must have noticed his delight since he fed Arden another spoonful with a soft smile.

"Do you like the soup, Arden?"

"Yes, I love it! Thank you, brother!"

Though his voice was still very weak, it was clear that Arden's health had improved considerably from when he still lived in Derolina Castle. This was due to Alec's unconditional care for him.

Alec patted Arden's head affectionately, and Arden leaned into the touch. However, from the corner of his eye, he noticed Arien and Arjen looking at him in envy. Upon closer observation, he also noticed that their arms were covered in scars. One look at his father's face told him that he also noticed the wounds on his siblings' arms.

"...What happened there...?"

After the emperor said this, the faces of his siblings morphed into those of terror.

[371 words]