Chapter 24 - Stress (Part 5)

Arien and Arjen's POV-

The disappearance of the servants was a shocking surprise for Arien and Arjen, who then decided to take the opportunity to play without the supervision of the strict Ishina.

"Let's go outside."

-

Soon, the twins made it out to the garden. They laughed heartily, embracing the little time they had alone.

'It might only have been for a short time, but it felt like I could finally breathe again.'

They rolled around in the grass, blissfully unaware of the figures watching them. That was until they heard the snapping of a twig.

Arjen jumped, bringing his sister up with him.

"Who's there?"

A blonde haired man holding a small boy stepped out from behind the trees. It was Alec.

"It's just us! We didn't want to disturb you, so we watched from the shadows..."

He smiled awkwardly, noticing the relief in Arien and Arjen's eyes after he revealed himself.

The twins sighed in relief, glad that their lives were not in danger. Then, Arjen's eyes looked Arden up and down, and he frowned slightly at the small trail of blood beneath his nose.

"It's alright...Arden, I heard from the tutors that you've started studying as well?"

Arden nodded slowly.

"I didn't want to be left behind while you studied diligently."

Arjen nodded approvingly.

"It's good that you're studious. However, you must still take care of your health."

Their interaction was cut short, since they were approached by a group of panicked servants.

"Imperial prince! Imperial princess! Why are you here? We've been searching for your imperial highnesses for a long time?"

The servant shouted disrespectfully, not realizing that she was in the presence of the second prince. Meanwhile, the words of the servant made Arien and Arjen incredibly confused.

'What is she talking about? Weren't the servants the ones who disappeared first?'

"Please be careful! If something happens to you, do you know how much trouble we'll be in?"

"Ahem."

Shocked, the servant turned around and looked into the eyes of the second prince. As she did this, her face became as pale as a sheet of paper, and she began to sweat profusely.

"Your imperial highness!"

"Is this any way to treat a royal? Leave us, now!"

The maid quickly stood up and ran away, leaving the four princes/princess' alone in the garden.

[363 words]