Chapter 9 - Turning Point (Part 2)

Arden's POV (Or is it the emperor's POV?)-

Arden woke up to find himself in the arms of a blonde man with green eyes and looked to be an older, stronger version of himself.

'Who was this man?'

The last thing Arden recalled was Elvis hurriedly waking him up, feeding him, and locking him inside the room. However, now, Elvis was nowhere to be seen. His body felt heavier too, which prevented him from looking around at his surroundings.

He let out a small cough. Hearing this, the man looked down at his face, which was ghastly pale with a hint of redness at the lips. His eyes were half-lidded, revealing the emerald colored orbs that hid beneath his eyelids. That and his shimmering blonde hair were the only signs of color on Arden's small frame, as he was dressed in thin white pajamas that were not suitable for the cold weather.

(This is where it becomes the Emperor's POV)

The man frowned. Then, carefully holding Arden with one hand, he removed his cloak and wrapped it around the small boy, who looked like a baby that was swaddled. He hurried onto the carriage, reuniting Arden with Arjen and a sleeping Arien.

Without letting go of the small boy, he yelled out commands to the driver.

"To the royal palace, immediately".

The driver hastened his speed, and soon the royal palace came into view. It was magnificent, with golden accents and exquisite gardens. However, the emperor paid no attention to it, remaining focused on the frail child in his arms. He hurried inside the palace, with a knight carrying Arien and Arjen.

Expecting the arrival of new members of the imperial family, the servants had lined up and prepared to welcome them. The maids and butlers stood in their pristine uniforms in impeccable lines, but this was also ignored. The emperor quickly made his way to his second son, a renowned healer, as his youngest son was in desperate need of treatment.

He slowed and looked down at Arden, whose body was decorated with veins. Then, without warning, he quickened his pace again, since he was reminded of the severity of Arden's condition.

[355 words]

The Invisible PrinceOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara