Chapter 23

Declan's POV

Two days I've been searching high and low for Whitney. Every safe house, shipping center and club I knew he owned. I come up empty every single time.

I had managed to round up a few different Americans but they were a loyal bunch. Now all I had to show for all of this was a pile of dead Americans , one still left and Macey locked in a room screaming to be let out.

The phone call with the other two mafia families went better than I expected. Both Ivan and Enzo agreed to fly out and help locate and bring her home but that offer wouldn't come without a price I'm sure. They would be in tomorrow and I would sit down and negotiate with them. When my parents found out they were devastated for me and offered any help they could. Dad called up old contacts, mom hugged me and promised me everything would be okay.

"Decs you have to calm down, snapping and killing them so fast isn't going to get us any answers." Tommy had been trying to reason with me for two days. I had been giving them one chance to tell me what they knew or die, they all seemed to like the die option the best.

"Who do we have next?" My voice was cold and callous. I hadn't been sleeping or eating. I had only one primary objective and it was being Whitney home at the cost of anything else.

"Listen, this is the last one we have right now other than Macey. But he's just a kid, barely sixteen. I'm not sure he'll know much." Tommy was struggling to reason with me and part of me knew he is right but a bigger part doesn't give a fuck.

"Let's go have a chat then shall we." He looked defeated but followed me anyway.

"Well hello friend." My voice was dark and humorless. Sitting in the dimly lit basement room tied to a chair atop a sheet of plastic to make cleaning up a breeze was a young kid. Tommy was right he couldn't be much older than sixteen. Blood caked his face and his hair was matted down his cheeks were tear stained and no doubt he was terrified.

"P-p-please I-i I don't know anything." He struggled trying to reason with me. His green eyes reminded me of Whitney's only making my anger grow larger and hotter.

"You have to know something, kid. Give me anything I can use and I'll let you walk and not add you to the pile of dead guys in the other room." I watched as tears flowed down his face as he struggled against the ties on the chair.

"They'll kill me." He choked out

"I'll kill you if you don't fucking tell me what I need to know." I screamed, slamming my fist down on the nearby table.

His sobs were becoming more desperate and harder to control as he tried to suck in air. I picked up the knife from the table walking closer to him. 

"I will fucking gut you if you don't start talking. The Americans will be the least of your worries." I brought the blade to his stomach pressing it slightly to him making him wince and sob harder.

"Macknpreggirljac" His words were rushed and jumbled as he tried to speak through violent sobbing.

"Slow down kid." Tommy finally stepped forward pulling me back from him and getting eye level with him.

"Tell us what you know and we will cut you a deal to keep you safe." Tommy didn't even look at me knowing damn well I wouldn't agree had he asked. But it was a means to an end.

"You promise." The kids' shaky voice became more clear and I grew more impatient at the chit chat time waste as who knows what was happening to Whitney.

"Kid we promise." Tommy offered him a sip of water which he gladly took then cleared his throat.

"I don't know where they have her. But I do know they came up with a plan for Macey to go get checked out by her for her pregnancy as a distraction. Macey was a huge part and knows most of the plan. They did mention something about a box game your girlfriend and Jacob used to play. I know the baby Macey is carrying is Jacob's and she has been spying and sending updates this entire time. I don't know what all his plans are, that's all I have, please don't hurt me." I was trying to slowly soak in what was said but the rage just continued to build.