Chapter 16

Whitney's POV

We arrived at a private air strip with a small private plane waiting for our arrival. Because of course the mafia would have their own plane. Five men jumped out of the cars we took to get here pulling luggage out and loading it up.

Declan reached for my hand and I slipped mine in his. It was a warm comforting feeling after a day of anxiety. After the flower delivery I felt like I was on high alert and couldn't come down. Like every move I made was being watched and tracked. I wasn't sure how long he's had his eyes on me but I should have known better he always finds me.

My mind flooded back to the one time I tried to leave. I was packing when he came home early and found me stuffing my suitcases with everything I owned. He tied me up and tortured me until the sun rose the next day he raped me over and over until I begged for mercy. He screamed at me how dirty, broken and used I was. How no other man would ever want me with how disgusting I was and I was lucky he would ever even consider being with me.

A shudder ripped through my body and Declan squeezed my hand.

"You okay Doc?" His eyes were full of concern as he must have picked up on my day dreaming.

"Yes I'm okay." My voice was smaller than I had intended.

"After you." Declan gave me a reassuring smile as he led me to the steps of the plane.

Once I was up the steps and greeted by the two stewardesses and pilots I took in my surroundings. It was larger inside than I had thought it would be. The white and gray grid pattern carpet looked almost new; it was so clean. Two large couches on either side of the plane and two large leather recliners in the back the dark espresso colored wood tables were set line a fine dining restaurant.

Taking a set at the end of one of the couches everyone else's filed in behind me. Declan finished speaking with the pilot and came and sat in the recliner closest to me.

"Thank you for this." My eyes held his and a heart stopping smirk tugged at his lips.

"Anything for you Doc." He motioned to the stewardess to fill our drinks as we began our take off.

The darkness outside the windows was starting to lighten as pure exhaustion started to take over my body. I felt my eyelids start to droop and I tried to fight it off so I could enjoy the entire flight. This was much more relaxing than my previous flight.

"Whitney you can sleep, it's a long flight you won't be missing anything." His voice was low and soft and he slid in next to me pulling my upper body into his lap. He grabbed a blanket from the back of the couch pulling it over us and stroking my hair. I felt my eyes drift close as sleep finally won.

***

"Doc wake up. I can't feel my legs!" Declan's whine broke me from my slumber.

I looked around to see we were still in the air, everyone starting to stir from their naps. I stretched my arms sitting up and crawling from Declan's lap.

"We need to get some meat on your bones because your boney self was killing me." Declan lightly chuckled. It was nice to see him in this light, relaxed and happy it was intoxicating. Seeing him like this reminded me of Bridget and her bright personality.

"I thought you liked my body." I pouted looking up through my eyelashes.

A darkness settled over his eyes as he ran his tongue over his dark pink lips.

"Trust me I like your body." His voice was husky as his hot breath tickling my ear sent a shock through my body.

"Oh do you?" I faced him, my eyes burning into his as hear pooled at my core.