Chapter 04

Declan's POV

When Whitney came through the doors of the clinic something eased inside of me. The normally timid and scared woman was now striding in like a big dick in a locker room. The confidence she exuded was mesmerizing. As she looked over the tablet in her hands and gave orders like a military leader commanding his troops it made my dick twitch in my dress slacks.

I watched from the glass with Tommy and Jessie at my side. It was quite amazing watching her work like she was in her own world like nothing else in that moment mattered.

"That's fucking brutal man." Jessie cringed watching as Whitney sliced a small hole in the side of Shane's chest then using her fingers and some forceps to rip open the underlying tissue shoving a tube in and watching as blood spattered out.

"We could use that to torture people." Tommy mumbled aimlessly.

In a strange way it was like watching a painter. With each slice of the scalpel and each new challenge she encountered she made art.

Shane was one of my strongest men and explosives experts with a temper to match his favorite weapons. So when he was dumped on my front door barely breathing anger seethed inside of me. He was sent to the shipping yard to check on a shipment for me while Tommy and Jessie were away dealing with a mall manager who was stealing from us. Nobody knew that we would be there today so he must have been followed by someone. The moment I got my hands on the person who hurt one of my men I would rip that person's throat out with my teeth.

In that moment I snapped from my thoughts as the shrill sounds of alarms from the other side of the door screamed out. I watched as they rushed around putting more wires and tubes in and giving various medicines. It looked like udder chaos but Whitney stood stone faced giving orders. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Tommy storm up to the glass, his fists balled in anger. He began pounding on the door like a caged animal trying to break free.

"You better fucking save him devil bitch!" He screamed, causing Whitney to pull her focus to the door shooting him a deadly glare. If looks could kill he would have dropped dead that moment.

Nonetheless Tommy continued to pound on the door screaming profanities at Whitney. Jessie attempted to pull him away but Tommy threw an elbow connecting with Jessie's abdomen causing Jessie to double over in pain.

Tommy and Shane grew up together; they were practically brothers so I knew he wouldn't take this well. Tommy had an equally explosive temper from bottling up years of emotions he still refuses to acknowledge. I watched as Whitney said something to the girls and made her way to the door pulling it open.

"Tommy if you don't quit acting like a fool in my clinic I swear-" Tommy cut her off as he got down in her face. His fist clenched at his side, anger radiating off him hotter than the July sun.

"You'll what bitch." He snarled, his arm flying up. I moved to grab him but Whitney was somehow quicker.

Before anyone knew what happened Tommy slumped to the ground in a heap. I looked on in both amazement and disbelief as a syringe stuck from his neck like the sword in stone. Tommy was one of my fastest men and she beat him to the punch. I was sure he wasn't actually going to hit her; he knew how I felt about laying hands on women. But she didn't know that.

"He'll wake up in a while, enough time for me to finish my damn job. Get him in a bed and I'll have someone start an IV in a bit." She gave me orders like I was under her command. It was quite captivating I must admit. With that Whitney washed up and placed new gloves on going back in to finish her job but not before pulling the curtain so nobody could see.

"That just happened." Jessie breathed out looking at Tommy crumpled on the floor. I helped him hall Tommy's heavy ass up into a bed and we sat and waited.