May Sign-Up 2024 (for returning members)

Please note this chapter is for current or past participants. If you are new to the club, please use the 'Sign-up for new members/books' chapter :)

Welcome back, everyone!

An enormous thank you again to Bigfivedonaldduckfan and MarCafeWrites who have been working very hard to verify your comments this year. It's very much appreciated!

***

Wattpad is deleting their private message system very soon, which will make it more challenging to contact us privately about any club concerns

Wattpad is deleting their private message system very soon, which will make it more challenging to contact us privately about any club concerns. The best way to reach me if you'd like a response would be through discord (username: Sarahparadis). You can find a link to our discord on the club profile. We do have a club e-mail, that I don't monitor super frequently, but if you are more comfortable using that just ask for the e-mail on our wall or in the story comments, I'll provide it and gladly address your concerns there if that's more comfortable for you :) 

If you are not comfortable using discord, e-mail, our wall or comments to contact me, I have created a Google form that does not collect your e-mail address. I will link it inline here. The only challenge is that I have no way of following up to your concern beyond writing on your wall unless you have another way of getting in contact. So it would be ideal for anyone who wants to share information about an extension privately  but not great if you are wanting a specific concern addressed.

 If you have other ideas for how we can improve our communication with this new change, let me know. I'm open to all ideas.

Our 'Winter Gems Reading Fest' was unfortunately not much of a success. We did gain a third participant since last month, so thank you for that :) I know a lot of that is also due to lack of visibility and not promoting it enough on my part. I don't think it would be something I would run again in the future as I don't have the time and energy to dedicate to making it a success. It will run until May 12th if anyone wants to jump in there and show those stories some love. There's still one prize up for grabs.

***

Housekeeping notes (same as last month):

Please make sure to log your exchanges after you accept them or they are accepted with the number of chapters and book titles. If you include the chapter numbers (ex: completed 3 chapters (15-17) of Book by Author) in your finished comment it saves us from having to jump around multiple chapters and search for the comments. We rely on your comments in the FBE books to find what you've read.

All Light and Fun exchanges require a minimum of 5 comments and 30+ words per chapter :)

Extensions will be a maximum of 14 days past the deadline. After that point, you'll receive a warning. You can still complete your exchange after 14 days and rejoin the club when there is space. If your exchanges go past the 14-day extension period for a second month then you will no longer be able to participate in the club.