March Stories 2021

Please do not post exchanges in this chapter. It is for reference only. Post requests in the exchange chapter. Thank you!

***

Username: Ashlurstine

Story: Jamdown

Genre: drama, adult fiction

Chapters: 69

Description: One young Jamaican man has been running from his problems all his life now he is asked to run for an American Football Team competing in Jamaica.

Will he touch down or fall flat on the ground...

Warning: explicit language, bigotry (racial, gender), strong sexual references

Feedback preference: character development, plot

Average chapter length: 1200

Reading preference: anything

Will read mature content: Yes

***

Username: JH_Foliage

Story: Keychains

Genre: General Fiction

Chapters: 4 so far (excluding preface)

Description: It's been ten years since Nora Whelan ran away, taking with her the painful secrets that shattered her family. Her ability to peer into other people's lives had saved her own. Now as the marketing manager of a technological enterprise, Nora is determined to succeed and leave her past failures behind. But when Nora discovers she's to inherit her family's old house, she must confront her past, as well as the truth behind her visions. As Nora dives deeper into the fractured past of her family, she is faced with a difficult question: What is worth fixing, and what is better left behind?

Warnings: Scenes and mentions of emotional abuse.

Feedback preference: Please let me know how well I've portrayed character, and the overall plot (since I'm not used to writing long stories). Also, I want to know if there's a strong sense of setting. Finally, let me know how you find the dialogue scenes, and where things get confusing or vague or contrived.

Average chapter length: 2k to 3k.

Reading preferences: I like Teen Fic (unless the main plot is going to a new school, I won't read that), Fantasy, Dystopian, General Fiction, slice of life, Historical Fiction, Horror and Mystery/Thriller. I dislike Romance, Paranormal, and Werewolf/Supernatural.

Will read mature content: I CANNOT read anything that has too much swearing. I also can't read sex stuff. Gore and emotional abuse I can handle.

***

Username: Voyageavecmoi

Book: More to Life (series)

Genre: General fiction (book 1), Romance (books 2&3)