August Stories 2021

Please do not post exchanges in this chapter. It is for reference only. Post requests in the exchange chapter. Thank you!

***

Username: BlueJay325

Story: Fake Me To Church

Genre: Mystery/Thriller, Teen Fiction

Chapters: 32 (Completed)

Description: After the new kid at a Christian school butts heads with the pastor's entitled son, these two at-odds high schoolers are swept up in the police investigation of a brutal murder with links to the disappearance of a young girl over a decade prior.

Warnings: While not mature, this novel does contain themes of abuse, bloody violence, and family trauma. Sexual actions are implied but never graphically described.

Feedback preference: The level of intrigue of the story, the effectiveness of character interaction in enriching the plot

Average chapter length: Between 2k and 5k words

Reading preferences: Mystery, Thriller, Suspense, Adventure, Fantasy, Most Horror (I do not want stories heavy on occult and/or satanist themes).

Will read mature content: I am fine with reading stories that contain a heightened level of violence (extended fight scenes, bloody aftermath, gory descriptions, etc.). I do not accept stories with prolonged, frequent, graphic sexual scenes; I am fine with scenes that imply sex or describe it in minor detail, but I do not welcome scenes that gratuitously describe sexual acts (especially if such scenes are a regular occurrence throughout the book). I also ask that cursing/swearing be kept to a minimum; I do not welcome novels with extreme amounts of vulgar language (e.g., 10+ uses of the f-word per chapter, excessive mention of reproductive parts in a crass or derogatory way, and/or the use of the Name of Jesus in vain or as a curse word).

***

Username: bigfivedonaldduckfan

Story: Castle of the damned

Genre: Horror/mystery