September Stories 2021

Please do not post exchanges in this chapter. It is for reference only. Post requests in the exchange chapter. Thank you!

***

Username: bigfivedonaldduckfan

Story: Castle of the Damned

Genre: Horror/mystery

Chapters: 16 (ongoing)

Description: There's something wrong with the castle.

Perhaps the problem is the young owner, whose odd behaviour arouses suspicion in those around him. Perhaps it's the girl with the secrets and the voice in her head, haunted by the past, the future and something evil in the dark. Could it be the boy who never wanted all the complications he's faced with, holding on to crumbling friendships he's too afraid to let go of? Or is it the mysterious stalker in the night, trying to get to the bottom of an ancient mystery?

In the end, it doesn't matter. They're all damned just the same.

There's something wrong with the castle, and nobody knows why.

Warnings: Strong language, violence, death. Essentially, what you'd expect from a horror story.

Feedback preference: None. I'll take anything.

Average chapter length: 2K-2,5K words

Reading preferences: I'm open to reading anything.

Will read mature content: Yes.

***

Username: Voyageavecmoi

Book: Watched

Genre: Horror and Psychological Thriller

Chapters: 12 (complete)

Description: Fitness-trainer, Winston, settled in Corbeau Woods for a quiet life with his husband, free of the superstition and madness of his childhood. When a mysterious statue of an eye circulates around town and people go missing, everyone but he is convinced supernatural elements are responsible. After it lands on his doorstep, Winston must wrestle with his denial of the paranormal to avoid losing his husband and his life.

Warnings: A bit of swearing, some description of murder victims with a bit of gore though more than I'd write in an adventure story.

Feedback: Constructive feedback is welcome especially big picture notes on character development, structure, pacing. Notes to improve the flow and descriptions are appreciated as well.

Average chapter length: 1.5k

Reading preferences: Happy to read anything

Will read mature: yes