seventeen: twisted fate.

"A job?" Mona's awed voice exclaimed through the discord call

The trio had gathered in a group call when they decided to do various activities together as none of them had much in their plate throughout the day. Mona had just winded up her last exam, and so, she desired a mini-celebration by grouping her closest people in a single chat room.

It's been almost four days following the latest event, and although not much had occurred, after two days onward was going to be the most eventful of all as the farewell festival approached.

For the past numerous days, Eve had not physically met Scaramouche except once which was at an arcade with just Kazuha and Ayaka. But apart from that, he remained occupied on the little mission Venti coerced him in.

Eve robbed an entire day to be grumpy for not getting kissed after that supposed date ended. However, she couldn't express it to him, for countless of reasons varying from her avoidance to appear clingy, to her uncertainty regarding the nature of their relationship despite the burn she felt each time she would merely steal a glimpse of his face.

Yet, she still didn't sense the right to demand things from him.

As the girls circled in the online group chat jumping from a subject to another, Eve indicated her urge to acquire a job for herself when asked what she had been doing lately, which resulted in the fall to that topic.

"Is it so weird--?" Eve bashfully yet indirectly admitted, leading stuttering Mona to answer, "Well-- no? I guess it just doesn't suit you."

"Maybe because we've never seen her actually work, or really, you're just a brat, Eve." Faruzan deadpanned, causing the latter to dwindle in embarrassment. "Regardless, now that I'm free at home, I could as well busy myself with something to get experience and earn extra cash for my needs. I'm just a girl at the end of the day."

"Don't you have a rich boyfriend? Can't he help you with that?" Mona thoughtlessly uttered, causing Faruzan to perk up. "Boyfriend? What boyfriend?"

Eve couldn't help but twist her fingers to pinch down the bridge of her nose as she heard that before grumbling, "for the second time, we're not dating!"

Through the sentence, a flashback to the sight she saw when he expressed his love for her in such a passionate manner that even a fool would know they're together muddled her neutral line of thoughts.

After a short silence, Faruzan spoke in a fashion that seemed to prove that she had just registered who exactly they were talking about. "Oh, that guy. Right, what was his name again?"

"Scaramouche." Mona promptly answered her. "Ah, yeah, him. I did see you two all over each other that day. What do you mean you're not dating?" Faruzan resumed, which left Eve in an inescapable position. She didn't precisely try nor desire to hide her relationship, and specially not from her two friends, but she absolutely felt obliged to shelter it.