eleven: greetings, or is it?

A tranquil room, filled with the stillness under the chilly weather and the sounds of the keyboard and mouse buttons hitting every other millisecond as well as the flipping of paper from one page to another

Over the soft surface of the mattress covered in white sheets was he settled, vision, and soul fixated on his subject but his mind left his skull and traveled into another world where he tasted the turquoise flavor of freedom.

The third subject of his course's exam was approaching, hence he urged to give it his all, as the outcome of his good result could grant him the key to unlock his cuffs.

"Raiden." He called out his sister's name who was occupied on his desk, curiously playing a game on his computer to check whether it's worth downloading on her own device as it had gotten quite the popularity for the past three months.

Although she had the big pair of headphones covering her ears, she managed to hear her name echo out of his mouth under the deep voice he possessed.

She elevated the hand on the keyboard to the earcup to move the cushion back to her head as she responded with a small sound. He preserved his voice for a fleeting moment before uttering while his gaze remained down on his notes and iPad.

"Should I just... move out?"

His sister remained quiet with the assumption he'd have more to say but upon the prolonged silence in the air after his simple yet complex question, she put the game on halt and swirled the swiveling chair towards the bed where he was.

"What do you mean?" She feebly inquired, gaining a weak sigh from him. Just by the state of his appearance at that time, she could easily read through his mind, precisely on how heavy his thoughts had been on his head that it remained slouched that way.

"You know, I've stayed here when I shouldn't. I didn't need to. I might've done it for you, but the reason why I've been doubting this lately is because-- you seem healthy and happy. It feels like it's only me who's deteriorating here. And all this time, I've been thinking, what's holding me back? It almost feels like I've just used you as an excuse because I'm older. It gave me the notion that I should be responsible for you, but instead, I've only been causing harm to myself." His words puked out in an instant despite the vivid reluctance and doubt in his tone.

His sister could not answer him. Although she could easily bring herself to encourage him to do whatever or depart wherever he felt at home the most, she felt conflicted and perhaps it's due to his choice of words.

She never overlooked the mistreatment towards him from their mother. Although their aunt had always been utterly caring and treated the two quite fairly equal, the aura of their own mother was intimidating enough to have more impact than a sweet aunt would. Particularly towards him as he had never seen her talk to his sister the way she talked to him and the two siblings could think it could be due his personality and sensitivity, making him a difficult character to deal with.