four: way home.

In the sea of white sheets and the walls imitating a night sky, the illuminating sunlight rays showered through the window covered with a pair of white soft fabric curtains that scarcely concealed the outside world's brightness

A delicate set of murmurs and whimpers escaped the pair of lips while the eyelids matched the waves of the sounds as they struggled to lift before finally revealing the deep night oceanic blue eyes.

His body fell to the right side to lay flat on his back just a second before he yawned. After a brief pause, he growled while lifting his torso upward to sit down, grabbing his phone to check the time as his mind was beating him up in confusion as to why the alarm didn't ring.

I could just skip.

The thought crossed his mind considering it didn't make that big of a difference when he was already skipping a lot of his classes.

Scaramouche was an excellent student, but he knew it doesn't excuse his behaviour.

As he settled over his cushiony mattress, he thought he'd check the group chat and social media despite the fact that he was too late for his first lecture.

And instead of hurrying, he just slouched on the headboard of the bed.

Throughout the seven minutes his thumb stroked the screen up and down, he stumbled upon your contact number in the group chat to which, he naturally found himself pausing and pondering with a small wrinkle forming between his eyebrows as he eyed the specific bar.

He was dwelling on about keeping you nameless for almost three years. You two were no strangers after all but rather acquaintances. Even when you rarely conversed. Revisiting his own past and present behaviours and habits, he recalled how apathetic he is regarding these matters.

However deep down within the core of his heart and his sub-conscious mind, he knew what the unfeigned reason was, but he submerged it and refused to let it float back up from the depth to the surface.

He clicked his tongue with a bitter feeling left inside him. He didn't want to admit the alleviation of his heart, taking in consideration the last two peaceful interactions you had together, but that tongue fluttered more than necessary when something has the capacity to prolong in his mind for more than five minutes, hence, he knew he'll have to visit him in the upcoming days.

His thoughts eventually were interrupted by 9 persistent knocks on the door, which naturally darted his head up to eye the thudding wooden board and before he could permit an entrance, the door has already been pushed wide open, revealing an average heighted young woman with hair purple as lightening, adorning her appearance with it's length and the way it fell on her sides gracefully.

"Oh you're awake." It was evident enough through the swift and prompt alteration of her expression from when she entered to seconds later that she was about to yell out to him. When the muscles on her face relaxed, she continued. "Mom is complaining about you to aunt again, just get up."