act: II

Through the university's frontal gate she entered, taking a turn to the hallways to her classroom at 10am in the morning, her hurried footsteps halted when a figure jumped in front of her with his tongue pulled out to cheer merrily, "happy birthda...

Through the university's frontal gate she entered, taking a turn to the hallways to her classroom at 10am in the morning, her hurried footsteps halted when a figure jumped in front of her with his tongue pulled out to cheer merrily, "happy birthday, little thing!"

'Great, the first person to wish me on my birthday is Heizou.' She thought to herself as her eyes rolled and her shoulders slouched.

Five days were gone by ever since Scaramouche was welcomed into her home, which meant it was midweek, the worst time to have a birthday.

"Thanks." She briefly and hastily responded before carrying on and despite her accelerated footsteps, Heizou was still hanging behind her like a tail, miserably either failing to take the hint or he was downright ignoring it.

"Are you celebrating today? Are you gonna spend your time with anyone?" He inquired in a chirpy tone that was persistently cracking from leaping and trying to catch up only for him to receive a groan from her before she took an abrupt stop midway causing him to precede her until he eventually halted and turned around. She retorted.

"I know you don't care about my answer nor you've gotten me a gift to prove you do. You're here just to get on my nerves. We broke up, Heizou, and I'm trying my best to avoid you and move on, so please stop making this harder for me with your games and... o— ugh odd behaviour when everything was messed up because of you to begin with. Leave me alone!"

With that, she swiftly walked past him to her destination, leaving him on his unmoving feet for all she cares. She did not tear up or weep but the burning sensation inside her heart that's pulsating so fast was caught on fire made her feverish resulting in her eyes and ears turning into a light shade of red.

She didn't understand why he was pursuing his eccentric act when the outcome of their relationship was solely because of him from the first place.

'He's still trying to communicate, called me babe just weeks ago, tried teasing me and kissing me a couple days ago and now he's acting interested how I'm spending my birthday and on top of all of that he kept offering me a ride back home like an idiot he is as if it wasn't the most thing I cherished about our relationship and how our memories were mostly created because of that stupid bike of his.'

Eve barged into the hall absentmindedly from the chaos her mind was preoccupied with and upon entering the quiet room, everyone eyed her sudden entrance which was the only thing that snapped her out of her trance. She arrived late.

She politely apologised to her professor before taking the stairs up to an empty seat to settle down before taking her tablet and notes out.

☽☾

Around half an hour into the class with forty more minutes to go, Eve multitasked on her notes while also concentrating on the professor's answers to some of the students' questions that could also benefit her. All until a buzz on her phone took away her attentiveness entirely.