Dancing in One Direction - Part 13

Part 13

….....

'How could you do this!'

I'm scrabbling across the sofa towards her. I'm trailing her long, brunette hair out, strand by strand, while her screams deafen the whole room. I'm watching Seth's horrified expression turn to glee as he encourages me. I'm listening as she apologises and explains that she'll tell everyone what a jealous wreck she's made of everything. I'm letting a smile appear on my face as I know I'm winning...

.....

'Lauren?'

I shake myself back to reality, looking at Seth's confused expression, his arm around Chloe, who's sitting beside him, an innocent smirk on her face. The one I can tell better than others, hides her evil schemes.

'Why didn't you mention you knew Chloe?' Seth says, awkwardly.

'I didn't even know you knew her.' I mumble, still a little shocked.

'Oh we know each other very well, don't we babe?' Chloe says, taking Seth's hand, placing a sweet smile on her believably innocent face.

'How...' I take a seat on the other armchair. I can't even seem to form the rest of the sentence. I'm overcome with shock, confusion, anger. A lot of anger.

'We met last week when we bumped into each other in a coffee shop.' Seth says, answering my unfinished question.

'We clicked right away, didn't we babe?' Chloe says to Seth sweetly. 'He was so sweet, he even bought me this delicious little cupcake...' she says, looking straight at me, putting emphasis on 'cupcake'.

I know what she's trying to say. She letting me know as plainly as she can with Seth in the room, that she means revenge. Revenge for her finding that stupid cupcake earring. Revenge for me apparently cheating with her boyfriend. Revenge for everything.

I should have expected as much, I mean she did warn me, but that doesn't seem to lessen the anger I feel. And I'm not angry for the reasons you think. I'm angry because I can see the out come of this. I can see it on Seth's happy expression that she's already got him hooked, and when she feels like it, she's gonna drop him like a used tissue and break him.

'You evil little bitch...' I mumble, standing up, my hands balled into fists.

'Lauren!' Seth says, standing up too, shielding Chloe who's putting on her best hurt expression. 'Don't talk to her like that! What's your problem?'

'Seth she's manipulating you! Trust me I know her better than you do and-'

'Manipulating? What the f-'

'Seth stop.' Chloe says, placing a hand gently on Seth's chest, which is rising and falling in pants of fury. 'Lauren,' she says, looking at me with two big brown eyes, that show pity. Well, at least on the surface. 'I know that we haven't had the best friendship in the past, but I think that in the name of Seth and I's relationship-'

'Oh save the pity speech Chloe, I've heard it before,' I say sharply, thinking back to the crap she spouted in the cantine. 'As for this 'relationship' that's lasted all of five minutes-'

Then she starts the waterworks. It's scary how convincing she is, and I almost believe they're real like Seth does, until I see that amused glint in her eye that my brother doesn't pick up on. She wraps her arms around Seth, and he holds her protectively.

'Lauren back off!' Seth shouts, fists balled up like mine, around Chloe.

'No!' I shout back, taking a step towards him, seeing the fury in my eyes reflected in his. 'Who are you going to believe? Some skank you just met, or your twin sister who's always been here for you?'