Dancing in One Direction - Part 11

Part 11

I'm not gonna lie, the kiss was amazing. All the cheesy fireworks and sparks and adrenaline that you read about in books, was all there. It started off gentle, hesitant almost and gradually got more heated, the pressure of our lips increasing. His lips were warm and welcoming, and I ran my hands through his bouncy curls, pulling his head closer to me. He slipped his arms around my waist, also pulling me closer, closing any and all distance between us in seconds. I don't know how long we kissed, but I do know that when we finally pulled apart, it definitely didn't feel long enough.

After the kiss we just looked at each other for a while, taking everything in. I drank in his smooth-skinned face, his chiselled jaw, his slightly swollen lips pulled into his quirky, one-sided smirk I love so much. His straight nose and beautiful bouncy curls, which fell into his brushy arched eyebrows. I left his eyes for last, allowing myself to truly dive into those ever-changing eyes, which in that light, looked light brown.

'Earth to Lauren?' Meabh waving her hand in my face, snapping me out of my daydreaming.

'Sorry,' I mumble, watching as Emma takes the last slice of pizza. Us girls are all staying at Meabh's house tonight and we've gone full sleepover mode and are all in our pj's, lying and sitting about on her bedroom floor. Laura is painting Aimee's nails a zebra pattern, Greta is showing Meabh a new app she downloaded on her iPod, while Emma and I are both lying on our stomachs reading a magazine. I think it's Cosmo, but I'm not really paying attention. I've been in a daze thinking about Harry all day.

'So what had you so 'out of it'?' Meabh asks.

I can't tell her that I was really thinking of me and Harry's kiss the day before, and well, just Harry in general, because we both decided that we would keep 'us' on the DL. Harry thought we should have some privacy and time to get used to being together before telling everyone, and though I agreed, I think I liked the idea of sneaking around more than anything. It makes it more exciting and fun.

'Just thinking about lunch today. You know, with Chloe,' I say, the lie rolling straight off my tongue. I'm finding it easier and easier to lie these days, which I know isn't a good thing.

'Oh yeah. That was nice of her,' Laura says, looking up slightly from Aimee's nails before focusing back on the perfectly straight stripe she was painting.

'Laura!', I say, 'I told you guys she was just putting it all on!'

'Well she seemed sincere to me', she says with a shrug.

I sigh remembering the situation that happened only hours before at lunch. We were all sitting at our normal table in the cantine, creating our normal amount of shouting and racket (caused by the boys of course), when Chloe came through the doors, and I froze. I hadn't seen her since the day before when she locked me and Harry in that dressing room.

'Nice to see you've clothes on today', she said, walking past, speaking low enough that only I could hear.

Suddenly it was too much, and my blood boiled as I stood up sharply, sending my chair scooting away.

'What is your problem Chloe!' I practically screamed, making her stop in her tracks and everyone to look up at the scene in front if them.

'What are you talking about?' she asks me with a confused, innocent look on her face that makes me want to slap her.

'I talking about you wanting to make my life hell!' I exclaimed, maybe a tad over dramatically.

'Listen Lauren,' she said, in such a pleasant tone that I was the only who realised it was fake. 'I know that things between us haven’t been the best lately. Strained would be an understatement,' she said laughing slightly. Does she really think people are buying this? I remember thinking.'But I really just want to apologise for any discomfort I may have caused. Trust me that wasn't my intention. I would really like it if we could be friends.' She smiles at me sweetly, waiting for my answer, and I look around as the whole cantine seems to be waiting for it too.