Dancing in One Direction - Part 6

Part 6 

Although I'm still set on finding the other half of the letter, I had to spend the next week really focusing on our routines. We spent a lot of time rehearsing One Direction's routine, as it was the most complicated. For their first performance they're doing My Life Would Suck Without You – By Kelly Clarkson, which has a fast, steady beat that we have to work hard to keep up with.

Dina decided that at the beginning of the song, all the dancers would stay towards the back, allowing the boys to step forward to sing, and then each of the girls dancers would step forward and dance individually with each of the boys while they sing. Because we were a girl short, we asked Aimee, a dancer from one of the other groups, to join us for the song, partnering her up with Niall.

Dina matched us all up, and, of course, I got paired up with Harry. She said that I was 'the perfect height' next to Harry, which I didn't fully understand, but didn't question her on. I don't exactly know how I feel being Harry's partner. Since the closet thing I've been trying to avoid him as much as possible. I didn't want him asking me why I was in my dad's office, not to mention the fact that we almost kissed. And I have to say, he pretty much scared the crap out of me. With the amount of butterflies he gave me that day, I was sure I was going to throw up, but I also know that in spite of everything, getting close to him wouldn't be the best plan in the world. I'm not stupid. I know how other teenage girls act about the latest 'sensation', and I can already predict that they will be all over One Direction, especially after the first live show. And with Harry's natural cheeky humour and tousled curls that show off his cute dimples, and chocolate brown eyes that change from hazel to a greeny colour in the light, depending on the time of day--

'Someone's deep in thought.' Harry's deep, smooth voice draws close to my ear, making me jump as I feel his warm breath tickle my neck.

'Yeah..' I say, blushing from getting caught daydreaming.

'Care to share?' he winks, making me blush as I thank god that he can't read minds, and realise that I was thinking about his colour changing eyes, staring right back at me. Thankfully Dina makes us start rehearsing again, saving me from answering the question, though just before we start Harry whispers in my ear, 'You can't avoid me any more now can you? Partner..' he says, giving his signature wink before heading over to his starting position at his microphone-stand with the other boys.

The music starts, but my mind is whizzing. So he's noticed me avoiding him? Does that mean he's missed me being around, or does he like my absence? Something tells me from the way he grins at me when I join him to dance next to his microphone, that it's probably the first option. The thought gives me excited chills, while at the same time, scares me even more.

He sings along with the rest of the boys, but he is turned to face me while he sings. I know that Dina has instructed them all to do so, so that it looks like each boy is singing to their dancer, but his smooth, yet edgy voice still gives me goosebumps as he sings right into my hazel brown eyes. I feel like we are the only people in the room, and I can feel my dancing becoming sloppy as my knees become weak.

'Come on Lauren! Stay with the beats.' Dina shouts over at me, straining to be heard over the loud music. I shake myself and slip back into the counts, making sure I don't look up at Harry, whose gaze I can feel on me.

I notice Meabh gazing deeply into Liam's eyes too as he sings to her, and Dina tells her off as well. Our eyes both meet and we exchange a smirk. These boys will be the end of our careers, I think to myself...

***

'Chug chug chug!' the boys chant at lunch, as we all watch Louis try to drink his whole bottle of coke without stopping for breath. I laugh with Greta and Laura as he spits out the remaining coke in his mouth all over Liam, who begins punching, and chasing him around our table.