Dancing in One Direction - Part 3

Just wanna say thanks so much for reading and please comment on what you like or dislike about it.. ~( Trust me - it gets better (; )

Part 3

'I can't let you in without your security pass.' The big security guard looks bored, as he sits in his booth warm and cosy, while I stand outside, the bitter morning air biting at my bare skin. My fingers are numb as they fumble about my bag.

'It's here. It has to be here somewhere..'

I search again and again. I can see the security guard losing patience. I can't believe I forgot my security pass on my first day. I picture it sitting there at home, on my bedside table. I remember going to lift it when Josie called me for breakfast and I forgot. Im never gonna be able to get in and i'll probably get fired for not showing up. I could just tell them that my dad..

No. No, I'll have to think of something else-

'Hey', I turn to find a pretty girl, about my age with shortish blonde hair. She has a pretty, face with a bubbly expression, and is holding up a security pass identical to the one hanging around her neck. 'I think this is yours? You must have dropped it or something.' She hands me the laminated piece of card.

I know mine is definitely in my house, that there's no way I could have dropped it, but when I see the girl's quick subtle wink, I catch on and hold up the card to the tired, harassed looking guard.

We both walk off after a brief nod from him, and I flood of relief over taking me that I didn't have to ring a certain someone to get me in.

'Thank you so much!' I say to the girl as soon as we're far enough away from the security guard.

'Don't worry about,' she says with a big smile, 'You're a dancer right? Me too. I worked here last year too, and I constantly forgot my pass. I thought maybe this year it would be better to have a spare just in case.'

'Well thanks again, you pretty much saved me there. I'm Lauren by the way.'

'I'm Meabh.'

I smile as we walk in together, and join the rest of the dancers in a big studio, with a wall covered by a huge mirror reflecting me and Meabh, showing how I'm slightly taller than her.

Meabh seems nice and as good as it is to know that Laura's here too, it feels good to have a dancer friend to show me the ropes. Not that I really need shown them, I've practically grown up on-

'Hey I'm Dina everyone. Okay, gather up.'

The choreographer from the day before enters the room, holding a clipboard and everyone closes in around her. After a quick head count, making sure that all 25 dancers are here, she speaks to us all.

'Okay basically there are not enough dancers to dance for just one contestant, and those contestants might not need dancers every week anyway, so we're going to split you all into groups and I will give each group three contestants you will dance for.'

Everyone looks at each other excitedly, as Dina spilts us up into groups. I'm happy Meabh is in my group and we both smile at each other excitedly.

'Okay,' the Dina says, talking just to our group as everyone else get to know people in there group. 'You guys will be dancing for Aiden Grimshaw, Rebecca Ferguson, and...' she checks her clipboard, 'One Direction.'

The names don't mean a lot to us as we haven't met any of the contestants yet, but I can't help but think 'One Direction', which we are told are a boy band, is a pretty cheesy and stupid name. I can almost picture the wannabe boys wanting their 15 minutes of fame. I bet they aren't even that good at singing, they probably just have the 'right image'.