18

Hey, everyone; sincerely apologise for the unexpected hiatus...I'll try not to make this a habit xc

The battle between the Sesshomaru and Naraku raged on

The battle between the Sesshomaru and Naraku raged on. A clash of immeasurable power, much to the former's annoyance. He would never admit the surprise, not even if his life depended on it.

"You look troubled, Sesshomaru," Naraku mocked. "Impressed by the power I have come to possess?" If the prince could smile, he would. No demon - much less a half-demon - could ever level their strength with his. He struck another one of Naraku's limbs protruding from his elongated body. But with every limb Sesshomaru severed, more grew back. He readied himself to strike again, aiming for Naraku's chest, where the blow would prove fatal.

"Irene was her name, was it not?"

Sesshomaru's foot faltered. His grip on Tokejin tightened. They were bare movements for the human eyes to notice, but Naraku saw through them and snickered at the prince's reaction.

"Irene," he uttered again, softer this time. Sesshomaru's face remained stoic, but if he were to hear him speak her name one more time...

"Such a beauty, I heard she was," Naraku continued. "Her reincarnation is quite the sight to behold as well. I can't blame you for falling for her."

"If you believe a mere woman and a name will distract me-"

"Ah, but they aren't just mere women to you," Naraku cut him. "I can't blame you, Sesshomaru. She is quite ravishing. Such smooth and milky complexion." His smile widened. Sesshomaru felt his stomach boil.

"I cannot fathom what a beauty she would be bare."

The blast came in with a cackle that shattered the ground. Azure lightning scattered through the battlefield, forming a serpent-like beast that engulfed the hanyou whole. His body burst into flames. But his smile remained.

"Is that really the best you can do?" Naraky laughed, a sickening instrument to the prince's ears. If only Sesshomaru possessed the Tessaiga; he would've long obliterated the abominating spider. Naraku's shattered body fell to the ground, quivering like worms around Sesshomaru. They began to join one another again, circling Sesshomaru as though they meant to trap him - consume him. He scoffed. So, that was his plan.

"With your powers in my possession," Naraku began, "I shall become an unstoppable force of power; not even Inuyasha or that dreaded Tessaiga of his can bring me down." Sesshomaru looked at him with a final frown as Naraku's flesh closed around him.

"I'll be sure to pay your fair maiden a visit."

In the darkness, Sesshomaru felt his power being drained by the flesh sticking to him. However, the prince was not in distress. He heard explosions coming from outside. A battle was happening. Sesshomaru wondered who it was, distracting Naraku from fully absorbing him. He could only think of one other abomination who would have the nerve to go against the spider hanyou.