𝟏𝟏

The grey disturbance was raised at last

The grey disturbance was raised at last. But that also indicated that time was running out. With the fog gone, Sesshomaru could see the distinctive silhouette of his father's old rival - a colossal carcass, towering over the entire Panther tribe. He sensed the pure energy of the Shikon jewel shards and frowned. Is that what they were using to revive their master? Sesshomaru rushed to disrupt the ritual, but a barrier separated him from the feral tribe.

Toran stood, fangs grinning from end to end. "Soon, our master shall be resurrected. Prepare to die, Sesshomaru!" The three glowing shards levitated into the carcass' mouth. Seconds later, the hollowed eyes glowed in the same shade as the Shikon jewel, and a deep voice hoarsed through his hollowed mouth.

"Blood..." he spoke. "Give me a live sacrifice...!" The Panthers cheered upon hearing their master's voice. Beside them, another, smaller, barrier emerged, revealing hundreds of terrified villagers, Inuyasha's companions, the reincarnated priestess, the demon slayer, the monk, and Yuna. Her eyes locked into his and for a moment, their world stilled.

"Sesshomaru..." He could practically hear the shock in her voice, the disbelief circling her vivid, ocean hues. A sudden voice echoed from the other side, screaming for the girl beside Yuna.

"Kagome!" It was another demon, one whom Sesshomaru was unfamiliar with. His raven hair was tied in a ragged ponytail with beige fur covering his shins and arms. The strong scent of pinewood gave his identity away. What was a wolf demon doing here? He kicked the barrier with all his might and spun his body to create tornado-like attacks to break it, but nothing could penetrate it no matter how hard any of them tried.

"It's pointless!" One of the younger panther siblings cackled. Her scent was of spring leaves and sakura petals, though she looked nothing as regal or as gentle as the season. "Nothing can break the combined powers of the Panther Devas!"

The wolf demon growled. He kept attacking, but the shield was indestructible. Sweat beaded his brows as he panted. "Damn! what is this?!"

"As if you could ever beat our master's power!" Toran's eyes glimmered in victory. And it unsettled Sesshomaru, who continued to hit the barrier with his sword, that she may just have won against the demon prince. Her glacial eyes glanced at Sesshomaru before averting her gaze to Yuna. The smile on her face grew wider. "Let's start with her." The panther soldiers grabbed Yuna by her arms and pulled her away from the crowd. Her screams elevated Sesshomaru's frustration.

"Let her go!" Kagome shouted, tears rimming the edge of her eyes. It took several panthers to subdue her and her friends. Toran's brother, Shuran, reached for Yuna's weapon with a cloth as thick as a bark. Upon contact, the sword did not react. Sesshomaru frowned. Cheap trick. The panther then grabbed Yuna by her shirt and legs.

"Master!" Shuran yelled. "I present to you your first offering!" The living carcass bent down to grab the screaming girl.

No!