Chapter 27

"¿Mamá?" Fester asked, slowly sitting up.

"Get up, silly boy." She scolded, Fester quickly scrambling to his feet and coming to stand beside the girls, who had since reluctantly released each other. She turned her attention back to the girls, a fond smile on her face as she took in Wednesday's appearance, hair out, covered in hickeys and a mate bite sitting proudly on her skin. She reached out and lightly ran her fingers through the ends of Wednesday's hair. "I see you found your person. Good for you, cariño." She said sincerely.

"Gracias, abuela." (Thank you, Grandmama) Wednesday replied, a faint blush on her face.

"Let me look at you." Grandmama said, coming to stand closer in front of Enid, looking her over critically. "Turn." She instructed, being thorough in her examination, making Enid a little apprehensive, doing her utmost to prevent her tail from slipping between her legs. "You are a magnificent creature. No wonder my granddaughter is taken with you. Such power. Such potential. Come. You must be hungry. I'll make something." She stated, taking Enid's hand, tugging her along after her, much to her confusion.

Enid looked back at Wednesday, utterly lost and nervous, slowly returning to normal as she followed after her, startled by how strong she seemed to be, but relieved when she saw Wednesday following her.

When they reached the kitchen, Grandmama let Enid go, washing her hands and instructing the werewolf to do the same, before collecting several ingredients from the fridge, a cutting board, and knives to chop them up.

"Wash these." She instructed, handing the vegetables to Enid.

The blonde blinked rapidly in confusion, but did as asked, handing them back to her once she was done.

Wednesday watched silently from the doorway, a soft smile on her face as she observed them interacting.

"U-um... what are we making?" Enid asked, completely out of her element in the kitchen.

"Rosemary and Garlic chicken. With some sides." Grandmama answered.

"I, um... I don't really know what to do. I've never cooked before."

"Then I'm sure Wednesday can help you." She stated, not bothering to look over her shoulder to know that Wednesday was watching and waiting in the wings. "Come on then. Make yourself useful." She continued.

Wednesday slowly walked over and stood next to Enid, wrapping her arms around her belly, pressing a light kiss to her spine, feeling Enid relax slightly in her arms, placing a hand over Wednesdays in silent thanks.

"I said make yourself useful. Not canoodle with your girlfriend." Grandmama scolded. "Start on the garlic. You know how to make this dish."

"Abuela, solo la estoy tranquilizando. Está nerviosa." (Grandmama, I am just reassuring her. She is nervous.) Wednesday argued passionately.

"Wednesday, no me hagas castigarte. Estará bien por unos minutos. Eres igual que tu padre." (Wednesday, don't make me punish you. She will be fine for a few minutes. You're as bad as your father.)

"¡Retira eso!" (Take that back!) Wednesday argued back angrily, only to be met with a; slightly rougher than Enid had anticipated, bonk on the head with a wooden spoon.

"No me levantes la voz, señorita. Sé útil. Ayuda." (Don't raise your voice at me, young lady. Be useful. Help.) Grandmama scolded again, Wednesday grumbling to herself as she detangled from Enid, but not before pressing a firm kiss to her lips.

"I'm okay, baby." Enid whispered softly, gently squeezing Wednesday's hands before letting her go.

Wednesday reluctantly walked over to where Grandmama had set up the garlic for her to attend to, getting the olive oil to start frying it in a saucepan.