Chapter 15: The Yellow Vial

Red slammed the door shut and collapsed onto his bed. He was shaking. He didn't know why he was shaking, but he was. Tears started to flow from his eyes. His friend. Someone who he considered one of his closest friends...was a pedophile. How could he be so stupid? He thought it was just a fluke with the whole Fatal situation...but...Horror too. How didn't he see the signs? Why was he so stupid? He thought he was past that dumb kid phase, but maybe not. Maybe he was still an idiot. Maybe he still didn't know anything. Why didn't Dust tell him? Red's grip tightened on his blankets. His teeth grinded against each other. His soul was pounding in his chest. He felt dizzy, nauseous. He felt the same sick feeling he did when he was raped. When Sci was murdered. What was wrong with him?
"Red."
He looked up as he name was spoken and a hand was gently placed on his shoulder. Ink was staring down at him with a concerned expression. "Are you...no...that's a dumb question. You're obviously not okay...do you want me to stay with you?" Ink asked softly. Red didn't say anything, he simply nodded. Ink plopped down on the bed next to him. "I don't like seeing you like this." Ink muttered. "I just want you to be happy again. And I know what you went through was awful and should've never happened. And I know I can't really understand, but...oh. I think I have an idea." Ink dug through his satchel until he found his yellow vial. "Sit." Ink ordered. Red sighed and sat up. Within an instant, Ink had shoved the yellow vial in Red's mouth. He tried to resist, but he had already swallowed most of it. "Ink! What the fu...oh." That sick feeling had started to vanish and his tears started to dry. He felt a smile form on his face. Tears started to form again, but they weren't tears of sadness. He felt happy. Next to him, Ink was stimming excitedly, flapping his hands and kicking his feet. "How are you feeling?" Ink asked. "I'm feeling great!" Red hugged Ink tightly. Red got up off the bed and went downstairs, Ink following after him. "Where are we going?" Ink asked. "We're going on a walk." Red answered. Yes, a walk is what he needed. He needed fresh air to clear his head, to not think about Horror or Fatal or Sci. Red really did miss going on walks. Red walked out the front door, Ink right next to him. They walked down the forest path together, talking, laughing, joking. He missed this feeling. He missed when everything wasn't so serious. He missed feeling like everything was one big adventure. Maybe he could feel like that again. Yeah. Saving Fresh from whatever Rare was putting him through, and making sure Ink and Error's wedding is a bit will be his next adventure. Red's wings twitched excitedly. Everything was getting back on track. Soon their walking turned into running. Ink and Red raced to the Ruins door, laughing and throwing petty insults at each other the entire time. By the time they reached the large purple door, they were bent over laughing and out of breath. Eventually they both sat down in the snow. "Fuck man. You're fast." Ink breathed out. "Not as fast with you with your long ass legs." Red responded. "My legs aren't the only long thing I have." Ink leaned closer to Red. They looked each other in the eyes for a long few seconds before bursting out laughing. Red fell backwards into the snow. He didn't even care about the cold. His face hurt from smiling so much. He missed this. He really did.

Bonbon tiptoed down the stairs. He was being as quiet as he could be while excited. He liked being sneaky like this. Once he got into the basement, he walked over to the cell. The goop creature turned and glared at him. "Hello again. I know I'm not supposed to be down here, but I slipped sleeping pills in Twisty's drink hehe. They says I shouldn't come down here alone, but I wanted to see you and see how you were doing. I've never had a pet before so I'm super excited!" Bonbon hopped closer to the cell. The goop creature was adorable! Like a living slime. It growled at him. “Imm noott aa fuucckkinng ppett too ggaawwkk aatt.” It snarled. "Hehehe! Look at the cute little goop tryna talk. So gooooooppppyyyyy. Hehehe." Bonbon grabbed some licorice from his pocket and threw it into the cell. "Here's lunch by the way. I don't know if Twist Tie fed you yet." The goop creature glared at him, then climbed up the wall onto the ceiling, turning invisible. "I like your tricks Mr Goop! Or Mrs...? Anyways, I'll try to convince Twist Tie to let me take you on a walk. See you later Goopy!" Bonbon runs back upstairs. He sees Twist Tie still passed out on the couch. He chuckles to himself and lays down next to them. "Aw you're so sleepy hehehe."