Chapter 9: Trauma And Love UwU

Red laid on his bed. He needed time to cool down after everything. He did have fun at his birthday party, but Ink's gift...it had made him want to rest. Red sighed and closed his eyes. He had the worst God damn migraine. His skull throbbed and he was tempted to ask Dream for some ibuprofen. But he didn't want Dream to worry about him, so he decided against it. Red rolled onto his side. He tried his best to fall asleep, but he couldn't stop thinking about Sci. About Fatal. He felt nauseous. He could see it clearly in front of him. He could see the cell bars. He could see the blood. He could even taste it. The pain. He hardly remembered anything up to this moment. The moment he could've prevented. He didn't even say anything as Sci slowly turned to dust. All he could do was cry and scream. Then after that, the next thing he knew, he was watching as Fatal dusted, his skull bashed in. Red was covered in blood. There was so much blood. Red covered his ears and screamed. He couldn't take it anymore. There was so much blood. He could smell it. He could taste it. How much of it was his own blood? Sci's? Fatal's? He didn't know. Would he ever know? Would he die here? He was shaking. He didn't want to die. What was he doing here? How did he get here? Pain scorched through his body. His skull throbbed with pain. He screamed again. He wanted to go home. He didn't want to be here. Please. He just wanted to go home. He felt someone touch his shoulder and he lashed out with his fist. He hit something. He didn't see it at first, but suddenly he was back in his room. Back on his bed. Dust was standing a bit away from him, rubbing his jaw. "...Dust?" Red felt foggy. "There you are." Dust smiled warmly. "Do you need your meds?" Dust sat down on the bed next to Red. Red saw a red mark on Dust's jaw. "What happened? Are you okay?" Red asked, ignoring Dust's question. "Yeah I'm fine. I didn't know you were having a panic attack, and I startled you." Dust's hand carefully moved over to Red's. "Sorry..." Red looked away. He had hurt Dust. He didn't mean to. "It's fine. I've been hit harder. And besides, it was my fault for scaring ya. Now, how about I go grab your meds, okay?" Dust looked at Red kindly. Red was thankful to have Dust in his life. He was so lucky. "Please don't tell Dream." Red whispered. He had already taken his meds today. He didn't want Dream to know he had an episode. He didn't want Dream to worry. "I won't tell him, I promise." Dust smiled warmly. "Red, is it okay if I kiss you?" Dust asked. His voice was gentle. Dust was usually loud and sharp tongued, but with Red, he was caring and gently. Red nodded, and Dust gently kissed Red on the lips. After that, Dust left the room. Red waited while Dust went to get his meds. Red smiled to himself. He was glad he found Dust. He was glad that his younger self was so damn stubborn and naive. He was glad he fell in love with such a kind, caring man.

Dust pushed passed Error to get into Dream's room. "W4tch wh3rE y0U'r3 gO1ng d1pshIt." Error grumbled. "Watch your tongues dipshit." Dust growled. Error glared at him. "I'm th3 dEstr0y3r Of w0rlds. I th1nk y0U shOUld shUt 1t b3f0r3 I rIp yOUr s0Ul In tw0." Error threatened. Dust kept his expression blank. "Me and you both know you shouldn't fuck with me. I might of kept my cool so far, but I won't hesitate to kill you, your twink husband, and your kid." Dust informed him. Error backed away. "WhAt3vEr 4ssh0l3." Error muttered and walked away. Dust grinned and walked into Dream's room. Dust unlocked and opened up the medicine cabinet, then grabbed Red's meds.

Red had almost fallen asleep when the door to his room opened. Dust carefully sat down on the bed next to Red, and handed him two pills and bottle of water. Red sat up and took his pills, and took a drink of water. Dust gently stroked Red's wings. "Feeling any better my love?" Dust asked sweetly. "Much better now my love heheh." Red smiled. He felt better with Dust by his side. "How's your jaw?" Red asked. Dust smiled and continued stroking Red's wings. "I completely forgot about that." Dust laid down. Red started purring. "Adorable." Dust whispered. "Can I kiss you?" Dust looked at him with a loving gaze. Red nodded. Dust wrapped his arms around him and pressed his lips against Red's. Bright red blush appeared on Red's face. After a few seconds Dust pulled away. "I love you." Red whispered. "I know, and I love you too." Dust cuddled close to Red. Red wrapped his wings around Dust. Red was so happy that he had found the one. Red wouldn't be this happy with anyone else. I love you Dust. I love you more than you'll ever know.