Chapter 1: Here In The Present

Dream was able to access Dust's dream, but not Red's. That was concerning. But Red was probably in the Mind Void. He usually was. Dream looked over at Papyrus and Fell. "They'll be okay." He told them. "They'll be okay." Maybe he was also telling himself that. He was worried about them. They had almost been suffocated in the snow. Their bodies couldn't handle that. Dream had done all he could in terms of healing, now he just needed to wait. He hated waiting. He was temped to call his brother over, but he knew Nightmare was busy.

Dust woke up slowly. He was very warm. He was on Red. What happened? Oh yeah. The snow. Dust moved himself off of Red. Red woke up and grabbed Dust. Red rolled on top of Dust before falling asleep again. This was fine. "Red?" Dust whispered. Red slowly opened his eyes and looked down at Dust. "Hm?" Red blinked sleepily. "Are you okay?" Dust asked. "Yeah." Red yawned. "Just a bit cold though." Red told him, closing his eyes again. "Do you want me to warm myself up?" Dust asked. "Yes please." Red said and nuzzled his face into Dust's chest. Dust started to raise his body temperature. Poor Red. I wish I could help him more. I hate how he gets cold so easily. I know it's just hibernation, but it still really worries me. "Is this good?" Dust asked. Red nodded. And with everything going on. And Fatal-no don't think about Fatal. That fucker doesn't deserve to be remembered. Sigh. Red's taking new meds, now that Dream knows that Red has PTSD. I just can't stop myself from worrying. "We're going to be together for the rest of our lives." Red whispered. "Yes we are." Dust whispered back. A lie. I could die any moment. I won't make it past 30. Sigh. Oh Red. I wish I could help you. You're always getting hurt, yet you keep a smile on your face. How do you do that? I love you Red, more than you'll ever realize. I wish I could do more to help you. I love you. I want to be with you forever. I swear I'll do everything it takes to keep you safe. I promise.

Dream walked down into the living room. Red and Dust both looked at him. "Good morning." Dream greeted. Red and Dust sat up and stretched, doing everything in sync. "How do you feel?" Dream asked. "M'good." Dust said casually. How come I don't believe you? Dream looked over to Red. "I'm alright." Red told him. Dream raised a boney eyebrow. "What? Don't look at me like that." Red huffed. Dream reached into his pocket and pulled out Red's PTSD medication and handed him the bottle. Red quickly downed two pills. "You sure you're alright?" Dream asked. "Dream mother, I'm fine." Red rolled his eyes, sliding the pill bottle in his pocket. "Oh no you don't." Dream grabbed the pill bottle before it was lost in Red's pockets. Red angrily flicked his tongue at Dream. Eventually Papyrus and Fell entered the living room. Dream still felt bad for Fell. He never liked to see a Sans argue with a Papyrus, it just didn't feel right. "Good morning." Dream bowed to them. "Good morning Dream!" Papyrus greeted happily. Fell grunted a 'mornin' and plopped down on the couch. Papyrus headed to the kitchen. Dream turned to Red and Dust. "I'm gonna go help Papyrus with breakfast." Dream told them before heading to the kitchen as well. Red and Fell followed him, for some reason. Papyrus gave Dream a friendly nod. "I'm thinking grilled cheese and cinna-buns." Papyrus said. "YES." Red said hungrily. Red leaned on the counter, watching Dream and Papyrus cook. Dream was never the best at cooking, that was Blue's thing, but it was quite enjoyable. Red reached for the unmade food, and Papyrus smacked his hand away. "Red, get your grubby paws away from the food." Papyrus scolded. Red hissed and tried to reach for the food again. "Red, how about you go into the living room and give Dust some company." Dream suggested. Red rolled his eyes and flicked his tongue, but he did end up going to the living room.

Red hoped onto the couch and crawled on top of Dust. "Hello there." Dust said. Red leaned into close to Dust's face, and within seconds they were making out. Red's tongue reached the back of Dust's throat, and Dust let out a little moan. Red's nails dug into Dust's back. He pulled away, only to then sink his teeth into Dust's shoulder. Dust gasped, but didn't push Red away. Red released his teeth from Dust's shoulder and went back to his mouth. Suddenly the scent of food hit his nose. He quickly sat up, startling Dust, and he leaped off the couch grabbing for the plate of food. Papyrus held the plate out of Red's reach. "Be patient." Papyrus scolded. "Eeehhhhh hungryyyyyyy!" Red whined. Papyrus pushed him away with a foot. Red grumpily sat down on the couch. Dream handed Dust a plate, then Fell, then Red. Red wolfed down his food within a matter of seconds. Red licked his lips. He wanted more. Suddenly half a grilled cheese landed on his plate. He looked over at Dust before quickly eating the half. His wings twitched with happiness and he wrapped a wing around Dust. Dust flinched, but eventually accepted it.