Chapter 10: Pregnant?????

"Do you need anything?" Dust asked, as he was about to head downstairs. "I've been craving some ravioli lately." Red told him. "I'm not sure if we have any, but I'll see what I can do." Dust headed downstairs. A sinking feeling hit him. He wasn't as happy around Red as he had been in the past. He didn't want to admit it, but he thought he might be falling out of love with him. Dust walked into the kitchen and looked through the cabinets. Just as he had expected, there was no ravioli. Dust sighed. "Is something troubling you?" Dream gently placed a hand on Dust's shoulder. Dust couldn't stop himself. "I'm not as happy as I should be when I'm with Red. I love him, but I'm not experiencing the same about of joy that I had used to. What's wrong with me?" Dust could feel tears in his eye. He loved Red so much, but why was he so sad? "It sounds like your having a bit of a depressive episode. Don't worry, you still love Red, you're just a bit sad right now." Dream said in a kind voice. Somehow Dream was able to make any situation sound okay.

Dust walked outside and headed to the store. Dream had given him some extra money just in case. It was a bit chilly today, but nothing much worse than the usual Snowdin weather. Not many people were out and about today, so Dust's walk was rather peaceful. Dust entered the store and grabbed a few cans of ravioli, then he paused. Red has never craved ravioli before, and it was such a strange thing to crave. Dust decide to run a little test. He bought the ravioli, and with the extra money he bought a jar of pickles and a pregnancy test. He wouldn't bring up the test yet, but if Red starts craving pickles, then he would. It was an insane thought, thinking he might've gotten Red pregnant. After all, Dust was infertile. That's why they never used protection. They didn't see having a kid as something possible. But maybe Dust wasn't as infertile as he originally thought. He didn't think he was ready to be a father, but if Red was pregnant, and wanted to keep the child, Dust would do his best to be a better father than his own. He bought his items and headed home. He wasn't sure how to feel. It's not like he didn't want to be a father. And he was almost in his mid-twenties, which is when most people settle down and have kids. Of course if he could have kids, he'd want to have some before it's too late. But his whole life he knew he couldn't. Or he thought he couldn't. But he was thinking too far into the future. There was always a chance that Red wasn't pregnant, and was just having strange cravings. Even then, he couldn't calm his nerves. The thought of possibly having kids. It felt more real than ever before now. He knew that he was probably being irrational, and even if Red was pregnant, he probably wouldn't keep the baby. Dust knew that Red wasn't ready for a kid yet. Red was still having his own problems, and didn't need a kid to add another problem. Dust took a deep breath and was about to open the door, when he got a text from Red.

Red: Do you mind picking up a jar of pickles while you're out?

Fuck. Dust's brain started going crazy. Should he be happy? Should he be absolutely terrified? He didn't know. He had never experienced something like this before. How would he bring up his suspensions to Red? Would Red even agree to take a pregnancy test? This is so weird and scary to think about. This is not what was taught in biology class! It was always so strange to him that skeleton monsters of both sexes could get pregnant. Like how does that even work??? No he shouldn't be thinking about logic. He needs to think about Red and the REAL POSSIBILITY that Red could be pregnant. All of this was happening so fast. This this morning he was worried he didn't love Red, but now he's so full of love and anxiety that he doesn't know what to do with himself. He took a deep breath and opened the door. He put the jar of pickles in the fridge and started making the ravioli. While the ravioli was cooking, Dust headed upstairs with the pregnancy test in his pocket. He sat down on the bed next to Red. "Hey." Dust smiled, hiding his anxiety. "I'm making the ravioli right now, and then I can get you a plate of pickles on the side." Dust told him. Red smiled. "Thanks." Dust took a deep breath. "Have you ever...thought about, y'know, maybe having kids one day?" Dust asked, his soul pounding in his chest. "Not really. I know it's not much of a possibility unless we adopt." Red said casually. "Heheh yeah..." Fuck! How am I going to ask him to take a pregnancy test? "So. Um...I was uh thinking that um...maybe it might be a possibility..." Dust took the pregnancy test out of his pocket and handed it to Red. "Could you maybe take the test? I've been having some worries about it lately." Dust sounded awkward. He didn't want to come off as rude, but he needed Red to take the test. "Oh. Okay. I don't think I'm pregnant though, but I can take it." Red stood up and headed to the bathroom. Dust sat in silence for way too long. What if Red was actually pregnant. Could they even afford a child? Could they afford abortion? How does skeleton abortion even work? No he shouldn't be thinking about abortion. Red probably isn't even pregnant. All of this worry is just meaningless anxieties. No one is pregnant, except for Ink, and no one is going to have an abortion.