Chapter 12: Valentines Day

He was so busy stressing for this day. His gift had to be perfect. But Dust just couldn't think of what to get Red. What do you give the most beautiful most perfect monster in the Multiverse? Of course Dust knew Red would be happy to get almost any gift, but it had to be perfect. Dust couldn't mess this up. But when the day came he was empty handed. He paced the living room, prepared to break the news to Red. Maybe there was still time to go to the shop and get something quick? But if he left the house now, Red would notice. Maybe Dust could make Red his favorite meal. No. He had a better idea. He would do anything Red wanted for the entire day. Yes. That was perfect. And he would make sure Red ate a lot. Dust liked Red all big and plump. It was very sexy. Dust pranced on over to the staircase, giddy about his gift idea. Although he paused when he saw rose petals leading up the stairs. Huh. That's weird. He thought to himself, although didn't care enough to pay much mind. He walked up the stairs, only to notice the rose petals were leading to him and Red's room. Huh. Weird. But he still didn't pay much mind. Entering the room he nearly choked on air. There were rose petals. There were candles. It was quite the fire hazard. But laying on the bed, was Red, completely in the nude, a rose resting between his teeth, and a throw pillow with the letter D in front of his crotch. Dust just stood there for a few minutes, stunned. "...oh my god." After the shock was over, Dust was incredibly turned on. "What you waiting for darling?" Red asked, having to talk around the rose stem in his mouth. "Waiting for consent." Dust replied nervously. "Bitch get over here and let me give you a bj." Red finally spat out the rose. "Alrighty." Dust said, not wanting to wait another second.

Ink inched closer to Error. Error didn't seem to notice him, or he just didn't care to say anything. Of course Ink had already bought Error several boxes of chocolate since the first day of February, but he still wasn't sure that was enough to prove his love. Yes they were engaged. Yes they had a kid together, and we're about to have another. But what if Error didn't feel loved. Ink could hardly imagine what it would feel like to be with a soulless being such as himself. What if Error didn't think that he truly loved him. That was sad. And Ink didn't like to be sad. Or think about being sad. Heck. Now he was double sad. Ink moved closer. Now he was on the beanbag with Error. He looked over at the TV. Error was watching that show again. The strange one that Ink couldn't understand. What was it called? He couldn't remember. But he remembered today. He remembered Valentine's Day. He remembered it all by himself and definitely not because Dust reminded him. Ink moved a bit closer, but not too close. He didn't want to touch Error without asking. But he didn't want to ask because Error looked so focused on his show, and Ink didn't want to disrupt him. Ink sat quietly next to Error. He didn't like being quiet, but Error did, and Ink wanted to prove that he loved Error. He didn't want to lose him. He didn't like how many times he cried over people he loved. He wanted to stay with Error forever. He didn't want to cry again. Not because of love. "I c4n s3E y0U stAr1ng." Error muttered. "Oh. Sorry." Ink quickly looked away. "It's fInE." Error grabbed Ink's hand. For a moment Ink almost felt as if he had a soul again. Error's touch always did things to him. "D1d y0U nEEd 4nythIng?" Error paused his show. "Oh, um, nothing. I just wanted to sit next to you." Ink said nervously. "Ok4y." Error said. There was a few moments of silence. "1nk, wE'vE bEEn tOg3thEr fOr OvEr 50 yEArs. YOU c4n s4y y0U lOv3 m3." Error said, almost like he has read Ink's mind. "Are you sure? I don't want to overwhelm you." Ink asked. "I'm sUrE." Error confirmed. Ink was silent for a few minutes, then smiled. "I love you Error." Error smiled back. "I l0vE y0U tO0 1nk."

Killer watched as Nightmare paced around the room. His head got a bit dizzy as he watched. He should look away, but he didn't. He liked looking at Nightmare. "Sir, if you don't mind me asking, why do you pace?" Killer asked, tilting his head to the side. Nightmare glanced at him. "You don't have to keep calling me sir." He muttered. "That doesn't answer my question." Why did Nightmare say something completely irrelevant? Nightmare sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. "I'm pacing because today is a special day and I need to buy a gift." Nightmare said in his usual monotone voice. It was still strange. Hearing Nightmare's imposing voice coming out of a small twinkish body. "Who are you buying a gift for?" Killer asked, tilting his head to the other side. "I need to buy a gift for someone I love." Nightmare answered. Killer wanted to be sad, but he stopped himself. Killer and Nightmare were never actually together. Nightmare just used him for the occasional hookup. It's not like they were monogamous to each other. If course Killer didn't go around sleeping with other people. He was loyal to Nightmare, and Nightmare only. "I didn't know you were seeing someone." Killer commented. "I'm not. But I want to buy the gift to show my love to them." Nightmare sighed. Killer thought for a few minutes. "Maybe tell them how you feel. It's worth a shot ain't it?" Killer suggested. Nightmare was quiet for a moment, then turned to face Killer. "I appreciate you." Nightmare said before leaving the room. That was strange.