Chapter Eight : The Littlest Simplest Of Things

That same night at the BENTON HOUSE . . .

In the living room, somehow, Gabe Asher got inside my house. And now, he and I are exchanging slight tense looks at each other.

"You do know that you're breaking in?" I told Gabe.

"Yes, I know, but I do not care." Gabe Asher spoke in his British accent and changes his eyes from demonic black eyes to his normal dark brown eyes. "I'm not gonna hurt you, so, you can relax."

"You expect me to relax?" I said to him with a bewildered expression on my face. "You're the one that somehow, gotten inside my house. You're lucky I'm not reporting you to the Sheriff Williams or Deputy Meredith, I am a Special Agent."

"Yes, of course, I know that you're a Special Agent, but it doesn't scare me." said Gabe. "Don't you ever want to just . . . give up? Leave this boring small town?"

"I live here in this boring small odd town. I was born and raised here. So, no, I'm not leaving." I told him. "So, unless you want me to phone call Sheriff Williams or Deputy Meredith, I suggest you leave my house and don't ever come back."

Gabe grins at me. "I admire your bravery boldness bravado, Violet. But you should take off your hero purple cape before someone else gets hurt."

"My best friends and I aren't scared of you or your wicked warlock magical powers." I told him.

"Leonard Reynolds, Jonny Harper, the Scary Bunny maniac henchman that scared Mayor Amanda Tanner and her daughter, Jessy, at their home, those were warnings." Gabe told me. "So, I suggest that you and your best friends just give up, because whatever you're planning to defeat me, just don't."

Gabe and I exchange tense looks at each other. And he vanishes into gray smoke.

And I sigh to myself.

Violet (VO) What to do? What to do?

*~*~*

ARRINGTON PARK

Later that day, I'm sitting on the park bench, playing fetch with a tennis ball with my pet buddy, Scooby Beagle.

I gently toss it and he gently catches it with his mouth and trots over back to me.

Ava slowly walks up next to me. "Hey, Violet."

I glance at Ava, continuing to play fetch with Scooby Beagle. "Hey, Ava."

Ava sits next to me on the park bench. "What are you up to?"

"Playing fetch with Scooby Beagle." I told Ava. "I figured we both could use some fresh air, and that Scooby Beagle needed some exercise his legs."

Ava and I exchange small smiles at each other.

"How about you? What are you up to?" I asked her.

"Jessy and I are going on tour for a while." Ava told me with a small smile.

I look at Ava and smiles and claps. "I'm so happy for you both."

"Thanks, V." Ava thanked me with a smile.

"Did you tell Aaron?" I asked her.

"We've talked about it and he told me to go on a music tour with Jessy." Ava told me.

"He's not going with you?" I asked her.

"Not really no." Ava replied. "But he said that he's gonna wait for me when Jessy and I get back."

"I'm so happy for you and Jess. I really am. You gals are gonna make so many albums and concerts and fans." I said.

"Yeah, I'm happy for myself and Jessy." Ava said with a smile.

"I will always be a Rocketeer fan." I said to Ava.

"I know, Violet." Ava said.

Ava and I exchange happy smiles at each other.

*~*~*

JEN'S DINER

That afternoon, Ava, Jessy and I are sitting in a booth table across from each other with our milkshakes and sausage, pepperoni pizza.

"I assume that Ava told you about our tour." Jessy said.

"Yeah, she did. I'm so happy for you both. I really am." I said to both Ava and Jessy with a happy small smile.

"I'm gonna miss you guys." I said to them both.

"We're gonna miss you guys too, but we're gonna come back." Ava said.

"I have Pictagram. I don't use it much." I said to Ava and Jessy.

"Okay." Ava said.

Ava, Jessy and I exchange small smiles at each other and we eat on our slices of pizza and sips on our milkshakes.

*~*~*

Minutes after, Me and the Benton Gang and I are outside of Jen's, sending off Ava and Jessy on their tour.

Aaron and Ava shares a hug. Miguel and Jessy, whom have been dating for a long while, shares a hug as well.

"Love you." Aaron said to his girlfriend with a small smile.

"Love you too, Aary." Ava said to her boyfriend with a small smile.

Aaron and Ava shares a kiss and she slowly walks away with her duffle bags.

Miguel and Jessy shares a kiss as well.

"Ava and I will keep in contact with you guys whenever we can." Jessy said to her boyfriend, Miguel.

"I know. I love you too, Jess." Miguel said.

Miguel and Jessy exchange small smiles at each other and she slowly walks away with her duffle bags.

Ava and her parents, Mr and Mrs. Robinson exchange small waves at each other.

Jessy and her mother, Mayor Amanda Tanner exchange small waves at each other.

Ava, Jessy and I exchange small waves at each other.

And both Ava and Jessy gets inside the Rocketeer tour bus and gently closes the backseat doors behind them.

And The Rocketeers tour bus drives away from Jen's Diner.

I small smile to myself, happy for my best friends, Ava Robinson and Jessy Tanner.

*~*~*

FLEURY MONNE SPEAKEASY LOUNGE

Later that evening, Jonny and I are sitting at the bar counter with our small drinking glasses of rum.

"There's something I need to tell you." I said to Jonny.

"Okay." Jonny said. "What is it?"

"Gabe, somehow, was at my house yesterday night. I'm assuming that he used his dark warlock powers." I told Jonny.

"What did he want?" Jonny asked.

"He just talked about me giving up, which I don't. And then, he mentioned your pickup truck accident, Leo stabbed himself and bled out and the Scary Bunny maniac henchman at Mayor Amanda and Jessy's house. He said those were warnings and we should just give up because whatever we're planning to defeat him, we should just forget about it." I told Jonny.

"Gabe is becoming more and more stronger." Jonny said. "He's onto us and we have no plan to defeat him because he's already one step ahead of us."

Jonny and I exchange worried looks at each other.

"How are we supposed to defeat Gabe Asher?" I asked worriedly.

Any Comment (s) ?
Any Vote (s) ?