Chapter One : The Whispers of Death

*~*꧁ ꪑꪑꪑ ꧂*~*

That same night at the Benton House . . .

I arrived back at home and walks inside my bedroom. With a sigh, I gently lays down on my bed.

Scooby Beagle trots inside and lays down beside me. I gently pets him on his head.

"I miss you too, Scooby Beagle." I said to him.

And then, I sense an uneasy vibe from something, causing me to sit up straight. I gets up and slowly walks out of my bedroom and into the hallway.

I open the hallway door and looks at a dynamite timer and it's counting down to 10.

I quickly grab Scooby Beagle and takes off running, running downstairs and into the garage.

Third POV . . .

Across from the Benton House, Jonny drove up to his house on his motorbike just as the second floor of the Benton House explodes.

Jonny falls off his motorbike and pulls off his motorbike helmet. He looks at the Benton House worriedly and slowly gets up to his feet.

"Violet?!" Jonny exclaimed, worriedly.

Smoke arises from the second floor of the Benton House.

*~*~*

Inside of the garage, I cough to myself as I cover my nose and mouth with my blazer jacket. Scooby Beagle is close to me and slowly walks back inside the living room.

I can see the gray smoke coming from upstairs. Scooby Beagle whimpers to himself.

I crouch down to Scooby Beagle and gently soothes him by gently rubbing my hand on his head.

"It's gonna be okay, Scooby." I reassured him.

*~*~*

Outside of the Benton House, the fire truck had arrived and the Benton Gang had arrived.

A downhearted Jonny sits on the sidewalk, worriedly with the Benton Gang comforting him.

"What the hell happened?" Craig asked.

"This must've been Gabe Asher's scheme." said a downhearted Jonny with tears in his eyes. "He figured out that Violet is the sticky glue that keeps us together."

And then, Scooby Beagle barks as he trots outside, causing the Benton Gang to look at him.

"Scooby Beagle?" Jonny said.

And then, I slowly walks out of the front door with my clothes covered in soot from the smoke.

"Violet?!" Jonny exclaimed, getting up to his feet and runs up to me.

"Jonny?" I said.

Jonny and I embrace in a hug and the Benton Gang join us in a hug.

"I'm okay, you guys. I'm okay." I reassured them as we gently pulls away from the hug.

"Violet? What happened?" Craig asked, worried.

"A dynamic timer bomb was in the hallway closet. I don't know how it got there, but I have a guess that Gabe Asher planted it." I told Craig.

"Violet? Do you have somewhere else to go until your house has been repaired?" Christine Avery asked me.

"I'll go to the Tavern Bodge." I said.

*~*~*

TAVERN BODGE DIVE BAR AND LOUNGE CLUBHOUSE

Violet (VO) And that's exactly what I did. I had gotten a room upstairs. I told Jonny to go back home, but he didn't want to leave me. I don't blame him. He was worried and scared.