❛𝐀 𝐑𝐄𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐃❜

‧₊˚❀˚₊‧⁺˖ ˖⁺‧₊˚❀˚₊‧⁺˖ ˖⁺‧₊˚❀˚₊‧⁺˖ ˖⁺‧₊˚❀˚₊‧

3rd Person POV

Yeon forcefully opened the sliding door to the room inside the convenience store, startling the elderly owner, who flinched in surprise.

As Yeon's gaze drifted over the walls of the vicinity, the elderly owner uttered endless grumbles about how he almost suffered a heart attack as a result of Yeon's sudden arrival, to which Yeon failed to lend even the slightest amount of attention.

"Look at that, it's here too." Yeon muttered to himself seeing the same poster on the wall which they saw in that last fisherman's house.

"What are you talking about?" the owner asked standing up.

Yeon seized hold of the fruit bowl on the table with the knife beside it, grabbing the knife's blade to avoid frightening the owner entirely.

A cry of "What the hell do you think you are doing?" escaped the man's lips, his eyes widening in shock, as Yeon's actions caught him off guard.

Yeon's response quickly followed, "I am the one who will be asking the questions, and you will give the answers."

The man countered with an angry exclamation of "Who do you think you are?"

Yeon swiftly threw the knife, gracefully impaling it into the wall right next to the man's head, sending a clear message that he should start talking.

"I advise you to start speaking now, unless you don't want to use your hands ever again." Yeon threatened, his tone firm and resolute.

‧₊˚❀˚₊‧⁺˖ ˖⁺‧₊˚❀˚₊‧

Min-ji continued her investigation by visiting various stores and the homes of the two fishermen who had died, wanting to know if the poster they saw in the firsherman's house was the only copy or were their more around the island.

To her surprise (not so much), she discovered that every location she visited had the same poster, and when questioned about its origins, the residents consistently replied that it had been given to them by an older female living on the island.

‧₊˚❀˚₊‧⁺˖ ˖⁺‧₊˚❀˚₊‧

"Well, before pointing the finger at me, you should have some evidence to support your claims." Rang said, his tone laced with a hint of smugness as he shoved his hands into his pants pockets. "Also, I should have a motive for my supposed actions, don't you think?"

"It was already questionable before, but now I am convinced beyond a doubt." Ji Ah asserted confidently. "The fishermen's death were like playing with fireworks."

"Hmm, what do you exactly mean by fireworks?" Rang inquired with a raised eyebrow, his smirk ever-present.

"You are trying to divert our attention with these flashy events," Ji Ah explained with a smirk of her own, "You are trying to cover our eyes and ears from the truth."

"And why would I want to do that?" Rang posed with an aura of nonchalance.

"To cover up your real reason for coming to this island." Ji Ah exclaimed confidently, a determined look in her eyes as she faced Rang.

Rang's head tilted to his side slightly as he eyed her, a mysterious grin playing on his lips. "Amazing, since you have successfully figured the correct answer, I think I should give you a reward."

He swiftly moved past Ji Ah and positioned himself behind her, keeping a distance of a few inches. In his hand, he held the picture of her parents she had been carrying.

"Are you perhaps looking for some information about your parents?" he questioned, raising the picture as evidence.

"Give it back!" Ji Ah exclaimed, lunging forward in an attempt to snatch the photo from his grasp, but he simply lifted his hand, holding the picture aloft and out of her reach.

"Just say a word, and I might help you." Rang said, leaning down towards her face, displaying a faint smirk.

"Can you... really locate them?" Ji Ah inquired, her gaze fixed upon his face.

"Of course, should I consider granting your wish?" Rang asked, his tone laced with a hint of arrogance.

‧₊˚❀˚₊‧⁺˖ ˖⁺‧₊˚❀˚₊‧

"What is this poster?" Yeon asked, as he stared at the image.

"I-It's the dragon king. Because he calms the storms, and he gangs fish to fishermen." The elderly man explained, his voice quivering with fear.

"Lies." Yeon said, moving closer to the man and grabbing his hand, placing the blade of the knife against the man's finger, applying subtle pressure.

"I'm telling the truth!" the man shouted frantically.

Yeon halted his actions and turned his gaze towards the man, his eyes narrowing with suspicion. "Who exactly is this woman, and how did she get these paintings?"

"She's a lady in our neighbourhood who got them from the land market. She purchased the paintings and distributed one to each household," the man stammered rapidly.

Yeon's gaze narrowed as he stared into the man's eyes, his brown eyes began to change to orange with a faint light. "Forget everything you just witnessed," he commanded, his voice stern.

The man blinked rapidly, struggling to comprehend what was happening. He then flinched when he saw Yeon. His appearance seemed to be sudden and without any apparent explanation for the owner.

"Goodness gracious me!" the older owner exclaimed, his voice reflecting surprise. "How long have you been standing there?" the man asked, his tone laced with confusion.

"What's the price?" Yeon ignored the man's question and instead threw him a question, showing the chips packet.

"It's 1000 won." the old man said, still confused.

Yeon handed the money and turned around to leave but stopped when he heard the man speak.

"How many people arrived from the broadcasting station?"

Yeon turned around swiftly and fixated his gaze on the man, signaling him to proceed with his account.

"A young man arrived a few minutes ago, asking about Pyung Hee's address," the man continued.

"A young man?" Yeon repeated and his eyes widened in realisation.

‧₊˚❀˚₊‧⁺˖ ˖⁺‧₊˚❀˚₊‧⁺˖ ˖⁺‧₊˚❀˚₊‧⁺˖ ˖⁺‧₊˚❀˚₊‧

AUTHOR'S NOTE!

I'm vibing Ji Ah and Rang.

POSTED: May 01, 2024
EDITED: May 11, 2024
WORDS: 1006