« Like Father Like Son »

We walked out with Mr Weasley and while we were speed walking back to the lift, we saw Cornelius fudge and a long haired platinum blonde man talking with him in whispers. 

Harry stared at him, so I assumed that he knew him. I stared at him as well. 

They stared back and then the long blonde came over and said, "Well well well, its Patronus Potter. The Minister was just telling me about your lucky escape, Potter,"drawled the man. "Quite astonishing, the way you continue towriggle out of very tight holes. . . . Snakelike, in fact." 

My hair turned scarlett and spiky and he looked at me in confusion. "And who is this young lady?" 

I gave him a look that said 'Seriously?' It was apparently a very hard stare since his eyes narrowed and he turned to Mr Weasley. 

"Arthur Weasley! What are you doing here?" 

"I work here." Mr Weasley said, simply. 

"Not here, surely?" He drawled. "I thought you were up on the second floor. . . . Don't you do something that involves sneaking Muggle artifacts home and bewitching them?"

My hair took the deepest scarlett you could ever imagine. I wished I could punch him in the face, or rip his hair off. He eyed me suspiciously but turned back to Mr Weasley. 

"No." Mr Weasley said. 

"What are you doing here anyway?" me and Harry said at the same time. 

"I don't think private matters between me and the Minister are any concern of yours." He said, drawling. He moved and I could hear the jingling of gold in his pocket. I gave him the stink eye.  

"Really, just because you are Dumbledore's favorite boy, you must not expect the same indulgence from the rest of us. . . . Shall we go up to your office, then, Minister?" He said, maliciously. 

"Certainly." 

They walked away and so did we. 

I looked back and saw his long platinum blonde swishing one side to the other. it took all my willpower not to rush over there and pull it off. 

I grit my teeth and turned my head to the front. 

~~~~

"HE GOT OFF, HE GOT OFF!" I chanted with the twins and Ginny. I was just as ecstatic as everyone about harry's lucky escape. When the chant broke, I rushed to Harry and gave him another huge hug, even though I hugged him 10 times already. 

We went upstairs and I entered the boys' room. I jumped onto Harry's bed and looked at the boys. They started talking and I joined in. We talked for a long time before I went to the girls' room. 

"TELL US EVERYTHING!" Ginny said as soon as I came in. I sighed and started telling them everything. 

~~~~

The next few weeks were very uneventful. Other than Ron and Hermione getting to be the Gryffindor prefects, and Harry being cleared, everything was very dull at Grimmauld place.

Every night I would read my textbooks and I read all of them in a few weeks. I heard about the big exams we are taking at the end of the year, and I was extremely nervous. I didn't have all the books and I needed to study and read all the books I could.

I contacted Professor McGonagall and she wrote to me that I will get every book I need to read at Hogwarts. I breathed a sigh of relief.

~~~~

We were in platform nine and three quarters. I stared around to see parents sending off their kids, and I felt a sharp stab of sadness, since my own parents weren't here.