« Discovery »

HARRY'S POV

I crept as queitly as I could into the forest after Olivia, not knowing what I would find her doing.

It was quite a walk, or more like run, until I found her on a small platform, talking to those weird reptile-like horses I had wondered so much about, and I heard her saying, "Honestly, being a vampire is hard. I have to fit in, which is extremely hard since, you know, I look like this. I would give anything to be a human for just one day."

My eyes widened to the size of a Snitch. She wasn't human, unlike what she said she was. She's a vampire! 

I started creeping and my foot hit a branch hard and I think I broke my toe as a heard a crack and pain exploded in my big toe. 

I saw Olivia turn her head in panic and as soon as I saw her turn my head to my direction, I ran as fast as I could back to the castle and into my dormitory, where Ron was waiting for me. 

I told him everything I saw and he said immediately. "We need to tell Hermione. She knows how to research properly." 

"That's a good idea, but Hermione will probably scream at me for following her into the forest." I said, sighing. 

"So we can do our own research! I know that we aren't as good as Hermione in terms of researching, but we can try. There must be something about vampires in the library." 

"Yeah, but what if we can't find the book?" I said, rubbing my chin. 

"We'll confront her, and maybe get the answer out of her." Ron said, mimicking my action and rubbing his chin. 

"But she's strong, we won't be able to get her to admit it easily. She's pretty stubborn." I said stretching my neck. 

"We'll make her admit it." Ron said. "She can't lie about this if we confront her. But I think if we can do some research, we can get some proof and properly confront her." 

I nodded. "But what if she's prepared for this? She could have some fake proof that she's got prepared for this moment." I said. 

"That's possible. She couldn't have come here if she didn't protect herself from the accusations that might have come her way." Ron said. 

I just nodded and we both became silent. 

"I don't really have any time to go to the library, since my detention tomorrow." I sighed, glancing at my maimed hand. 

"Well, we'll go on Saturday, after we finish the tons of homework we have due." Ron insisted. 

"Speaking of which, how did you not tell me about trying out for Keeper? I would have helped you or maybe encouraged you." I said, frowning because he didn't tell me about this. 

"I thought you would laugh at me." Ron said, frowning with me. 

"I would never laugh at the fact that you're trying out for Keeper," I said, sympathetically. 

"Honestly, I get it now, but why didn't you tell me about the detentions with Umbridge?" Ron said. 

I had a trick up my sleeve with this one. "because, I was going to tell you yesterday, but you bailed on me and was so exhausted that you went to sleep." 

I went to my bed and laid in my bed for quite a while, all my intentions of sleeping gone after the sight in the forest. Why would she conceal it? We would accept her either way. I honestly thought she was part veela, because of her dazzling beauty. Worry suddenly bubbles in my stomach. If she concealed it, it must be bad. I wondered if she actually ate humans, or if that was a popular myth, and I wondered why she never went outside. Will the sun actually kill her or injure her? As I drifted off to sleep, my last thought was, Why is this so complicated?