Chapter 9

TRUST

Nan woke up a some little movements of hand which he held the whole night hoping the other person to woke up.  He hurriedly called the doctor in charge of Mac noticing his little movements. The doctor came and checked Mac's pulse and IV and other things assuring Nan that Mac was fine then .

The doctor asked Mac ," Mr. Kirigun , how are you feeling now ? " which got answered by another question from the patient, " Where am I ? Where is Itt ?" Nan panicked at the second question as he hid behind the white coat doctor. He couldn't bring himself to face Mac . " You are in hospital. Well I don't know about Itt but your boyfriend Nan is right here . " The doctor replied revealing Nan whose face flashed with guilt. "Na-Nan.  My boy-boyfriend.  But I don't have one.  Who is Nan ? " Mac asked eyeing Nan head to toe.  " Mr. Kirigun What was your last memory before waking up in hospital bed ?  " The doctor asked writing something in the file . "Itt and I were travelling from Phuket to Bangkok when we had met an accident. Why do you ask? " Mac replied. "How he ended up in hospital?" doctor asked to Nan.

Guilt tripped over him as Nan was unable to speak . What should he say ? That he trapped him into staying with him by some clip so he tried to suicide. Nah . He can't say that .

"He fell down stairs and his head got hit on a glass vase . " Nan replied looking down. "Stairs? But didn't I have an accident? Where is Itt ? Call Itt.  " Mac said being confused. "I'll call Itt please calm down first. " Nan replied. The doctor signalled him to come outside. " What's happening Doctor? " " He lost his memories."  "Memories but how ?" "Well I need to conduct some tests to find the main reason first," the doctor replied and left. 

Nan was now at the hospital outside Mac's cabin when Day and Itt arrived. Nan looked at them and again looked down stating the facts doctor said. When Mac fell down the stairs his head got directly hit by the vase . As a result some pieces of glass got deep enough to damage his memory. Now the doctor himself is unsure if Mac's memory will return or not . Itt broke down on Day's arms blaming himself for the mess . After an hour of discussion all of them decided that they will pretend as Mac's friends and boyfriend without mentioning the past or the truth.

Itt entered into the room finding Mac confusingly looking at his surroundings. His face beamed with excitement seeing Itt as he shouted ," Itt, you are here . Do you know what happened ? " Itt was guilty seeing Mac like this . The person who once put himself as a shield to protect the other from accident was now laying on the bed and he was responsible for it.  Itt slowly went near and sat down near his bed on a chair.  " You won't believe it.  I thought I was admitted to the hospital as we got into the accident. I was Hella worried about you.  But a 6 ft guy came and said that he was my boyfriend and the wound I got was because I fell from stairs and my head got hit with a vase. And sometime ago a nurse told me I lost my memories. I am so confused right now Itt. Who was he ? And how did I end up here ? " Mac asked looking at Itt with confused and hopeful eyes . Itt swallowing the guilt started to knitt the chain of lies starting with , " It's true Mac . You fell from stairs. The Phuket accident occurred 6 years ago. And the man who claimed himself as your boyfriend is actually your boyfriend. His name is Nan. You are dating him for 2 years. You had an argument with him and as you rushed down the stairs you fell and lost your memories. " Confused Mac started to question more about Nan and his accident only to fed up with lies from Itt. 

After an hour Itt left the room and started crying miserably. Day hugged him patting his back.  Nan was scared that maybe Itt told him the truth but Itt's next sentence put an end to his turmoil. "He wants to meet with Nan.  He was convinced by my explanation. " A relief flushed over his face and he went inside still nervous. He went near Mac's bed sitting down quietly. Mac was the first to question him . "Are you my boyfriend?" Nan nodded . "How did we meet ? " " We met through mutuals.  Well my best friend Day is your best friend's boyfriend so we often met up and then got into a relationship. " Nan cursed at him for knitting a web of lies as they planned. " Why did we argue ? " "We argued because you were mad at me for not giving you attention or keeping my promise just because I was lazy. " Mac nodded as the room fell silent again.    "Don't you have any other questions ?" " No . I trust Itt . He won't lie to me at least. " Nan again felt guilty. What will he do when Mac's memory will return? How can he make him stay then ? With another lie.