Chapter 7

Attachment

One month passed since that race . Nan was still shocked about Mac's attitude that night.  He even protested throwing insults about his dignity if he tried to hug him twice a week . Today Nan somehow formed the courage to ask him on a date. Even though it was forced Nan somehow felt nervous.

Mac and Nan now were standing in front of a local Thai market. "Is this your place to have lunch ? " Mac asked eyeing up the place . "It's better than your five star Michelle restaurant." Nan said getting annoyed at Mac's rich brat nature . Mac laughed to mock Nan's words and said , " Tell me you have never been to a five star without telling me you have never been to five star." Nan's eyes darkened and he said , " Oh I have been to a five star . And believe me here's the food is better because it is made with love not by machines." Mac again mocked him saying, " If you have ever been to five star you would have known it's not five start Michelle but it's three star Michelle. Five stars are for reviews. " Nan felt embarrassed by Mac's words and stormed outside the car breaking the conversation.

They were sitting in a table near to the counter where in the opposite of theirs were a young couple. The man seemed some kind of employee still in office uniform while the woman was in teacher's uniform. They both were laughing and smiling at each other with love filled eyes . Mac smiled looking at them remembering someone.

"So cheesy. Don't tell me you are fan of this kind of puppy love.  " Nan said rolling his eyes.  Mac whose eyes was fixed at that table replied, " Who doesn't want love and affection from his partner! It isn't puppy love.  It's a true love . A pure and innocent feeling towards each other . It a mind thing being devoted only to your lover.  They captured each others feelings and hearts not body.  This is the most intimate thing to be ever existed. "

Whole time Nan was looking at Mac's face feeling the emotion of every words . When Mac's turned his face straight he chuckled and said ," Day and Itt would never be like this . " "That's because he doesn't- " Mac paused and continued again , " I don't want to talk about that anymore." Nan then asked , " Why don't you call him ? He misses you." "Missing a friend after getting him raped and tapping it doesn't fit right . What is to miss? He said to me not to mess with him anymore. I did what was I asked. " " We asked you to not to disturb him.  Not cutting off contacts. " " That's my personal thing whom I keep contact or whom I not . It has nothing to do with you." "You don't know how to forgive that's why you are single. " "Who said ? " " I said . " " And how do you know I am single?" " If you were not it's a shame that your girlfriend has a partner who sleeps around with men. "

Mac fell silent. Sleeps around. No he never sleeps around with men.  He wasn't even interested in men . Every time Nan touch he felt nothing but disgust. If it wasn't for the clip he would have already killed him .

Nan understood the gravity of the tension and he tried to start another topic but then Mac interrupted. "Not sleeping around. I was raped. Being trapped by you guys.  Neither will I have something for to sleep around nor will I forgive you . And even if I feel something positive towards you I swear to myself I will kill myself with my own hands.  " Mac's voice showed determination which made Nan worried.

Days have passed since that incident. Nan now used to have lunch with Mac but Mac never said anything about him or his friends just stared at the table . Nan's teasing seemed futile to him.  But Nan still tried hard to get words out of his mouth. In Nan's mind nowdays Mac's definition of love roamed making him laugh at Mac's silly description. Still he did everything according to Mac . He brought Mac's favourite dishes.  But Mac was not settling for bare minimum. He didn't want to spend unnecessarily on Mac . So for now he kept feeding him his favourite foods .

On the other hand Mac was relieved that Nan didn't touched him often like before. He stayed in that house still without any words with anyone. Wei and Frog whenever started to crack a conversation he always cried for help . But after all they were Nan's subordinates. Wei and Frog both noticed Nan's changing behaviour towards Mac . They both understand that their boss may not be in love but was attached with Mac. 

Things were all good and fine until one day Frog accidently added garlic to Mac's dish.  Nan was not at home when Mac got allergy attack and crumbled upon the ground trying to breath . Fortunately Wei was there and informed Nan. Nan who went to pick him police officer friend Kat rushed towards home finding Mac laying on the floor curling up into a ball.  He rushed towards the hospital with him comforting yet crying and telling him to open his eyes. 

" So who was it ? " Kat asked as Mac was taken to the ICU. " The boy I told you about ." Nan said wiping his eyes . "The boy whom you raped ? " Nan nodded . "He seems special to you. Do you love him ? " "I don't know about love but I want him to live and stay beside me. I don't know. Maybe I like him.  " Nan replied.

Mac opened his eyes hearing Nan shouting at Frog . "Why did you added garlic? " "Hia-a I ma-made two pla-plat-plates.  Mac acc-acciden-accidentally took my on-one . " " YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN CAREFUL. WHAT I PAY YOU FOR FROG ? YOU COULDN'T HAVE DONE A SIMPLE THING. YOU HAD ONE JOB. STILL YOU "Nan was distracted by Mac's struggle. He went near him and asked ," What happened? Is it paining ? "  "Stop shouting at Frog. It was my fault. " Nan was shocked at Mac's words . Mac also apologised to Frog . Doctor came and checked Mac . "We can release him after two days . "

Mac was sleeping when Nan called Frog to a corner . "You are fired ." "But Hia where would I go ? I have nowhere to go . Please Hia I would never repeat it . " " You don't understand Frog . I don't want Mac to get hurt again because of you clumsiness again.  " " But Hia- " " Please don't make it hard for me . " Kat interrupted saying, " Woah Woah buddy calm down.  Frog was with you for ages . How about I take him with me and after sometime when things calm down you can take him back ? " " Sounds good. Frog do you agree ? " " Ok Hia. I am sorry again ." Frog left when Kat again said to Nan , " After being friends with you for years I know you love him.  " " Nope . I don't fell any kind of romantic feeling towards him . I was just worried about Mac because of his father. " " So you care how Mac's father thinks about you ?" Nan fell silent. Kat laughed and parted his shoulder saying, " Good luck buddy.  You are in Day's path of falling in love. "

Day's path of falling in love . Nan thought how did Hia Day fell in love with Itt. Didn't he hated him. But he cared for Itt too.  He also hated Mac but seeing him in pain hurted him too.  Does he also love him ? Impossible. But what if he?

Please vote and comment. What do you guys think ? Does Nan love Mac or is just attracted to him?