𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

IVY WAS ON EDGE BECAUSE THEY WERE WALKING THROUGH GROUNDER LAND

IVY WAS ON EDGE BECAUSE THEY WERE WALKING THROUGH GROUNDER LAND. There were trees and bushes everywhere, all around them. There were about a million places for someone to hide. She had her gun at the ready as they moved through the brush.

"Everyone, eyes peeled. We're in Grounder territory," Bellamy told them in a quiet but rough voice. He and Finn were in the front with Murphy and Ivy side-by-side behind them, and Sterling and Monroe were taking up the rear. Sterling had been shaking and muttering to himself the whole time, and it was really starting to get on Ivy's nerves. She could not concentrate.

"Everything is Grounder territory, all right?" Murphy responded, shaking his head. He had a point. Everything everywhere belonged to the Grounders, and they had stolen their little clearing for their camp. Murphy was obviously getting tired, as he was pretty much stumbling along beside the Bishop girl. "I can't keep running, all right? We don't even know if the guy Finn killed was telling the truth."

Finn stormed over to him and grabbed the collar of the boy's jacket and dragged him along. "Keep moving."

"We can give him a minute," Bellamy said with a sigh, sick and tired of Finn's urgency to get to the camp. Ivy was itching to get there as fast as they could as well, but Finn had slept while they were in prison. She was absolutely exhausted, and she was not sure she could make it very far without a rest.

"No, we can't. You heard what that Grounder said," Finn reminded them. 'They'll outlive their usefulness.'

Bellamy scoffed, rolling his eyes. Finn was acting like he was the only one that cared about finding their friends, but the rest of them were just being practical. Having to carry Murphy because he could not run anymore and they would not let him rest was definitely not going to speed their journey up. "I heard what he said when you had a gun to his head."

"Look, you think I wanted to do that? He would have told his people we're coming, and by the time we got there, our people would be dead. Maybe that's something you can live with, but I can't!" By the end of his short rant, the Collins boy was so worked up that he shoved the Blake man in front of him, trying to get him out of his way.