𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨

BELLAMY AND IVY WERE SITTING OPPOSITE EACH OTHER IN THE CELL

BELLAMY AND IVY WERE SITTING OPPOSITE EACH OTHER IN THE CELL. She was resting her head on her knee, which was propped up. The boy had been staring at her for a long while, wondering what she was thinking about while staring blankly at the ground. She had not said a word since they got in there, and he had a pretty good idea why. "Hey, you okay?"

"Yeah," she responded, and she seemed to snap out of a trance to look up at him. "Why?"

"You look like hell," he responded, not commenting on the fact that she seemed so deep in thought. He just gestured to her, and she realized what she must look like. Her clothes were blood and sweat soaked, and they looked like she had rolled around in mud. Her face was all kinds of cut up and bruised, and it was covered in dirt as well. She was in need of medical attention — they both were — but there was a very low chance of them getting it.

Kane had already asserted his dominance and made it clear that they had no authority any more, even though they had kept the group alive alongside Clarke. Now, they were just a couple of murderers, even though they had not technically killed anyone but Grounders, that the people of the Ark turned up their noses at.

She scoffed, and because of how tired she was, she did not have the energy to be nice to him. "Thanks. You know, you don't look that great either. I just gave you the benefit of the doubt because you know, you survived an explosion and getting beat up by a Grounder, and fighting an army of Grounders—"

"Okay, okay. I get it. I'm sorry," he chuckled out, shaking his head. His expression grew genuinely concerned after a moment, though as he raised his eyebrows at her. "Really, though. Are you okay? Seeing your dad seemed to freak you out a bit. It was like you saw a ghost."

"I did. I mean, I haven't seen him since I tried to kill him, and I hadn't heard anything about him. I just assumed that he had died alone somewhere," she sighed, leaning her head back against the wall behind her. "He used to hit me, you know. I didn't just decide to stab him one day," she admitted. It was something that she had not told anyone but Enzo. Even though she was not going to give up on finding him, she was terrified for him.

His eyes softened once she began opening up to him, and he watched her eyes flit around the ceiling nervously. When they first met, he might have thought that she was just a coldblooded murderer, but now, he knew that she would never do that. Behind the tough exterior, she was kind and warm, and she had a conscience and a heart. "I figured you had a reason."