6

The trio is wandering around the smoky mountains. "You okay? Is Ray getting heavy?" Klaus says to Stefan. Stefan has Ray over his shoulders. "I'm fine." He says, moody.

"You sure about that? You know, we've been walking for quite some time. If you need some water, or a sit down..." Klaus trails off.

Stefan rolls his eyes, "You know, I get that we're uh.. we're stuck together. But if we could skip the chit chat, that'd be great." Aurelia lets out a tiny laugh at his moodiness.

"So much brooding, Steffy. You're self loathing is suffocating you, mate." Aurelia says, with a teasing tone.

"Maybe because i'm a little tired looking for werewolves. We've been at it for the whole summer." He states.

"Would you have rathered stayed in that pathetic little town? Where you girlfriend died?" Aurelia says.

"Well, thanks to Ray, we found a pack." Klaus interrupts and doesn't acknowledge Aurelias comment. The trio hears talking and laughing and walk towards it. They walk into a group of people, and they stop. They had found the packs camp.

Everyone looks at the trio, and Stefan puts Ray down. A woman runs over to Ray, "Ray! Oh my gosh. Whats going on? Who are you?" The woman looks at Stefan.

"The more important question is, who am i. Please forgive the intrusion. My name is Klaus." The womans eyes widen, and everyone around them heard and gasped. "You're the hybrid." Klaus smirks. "You heard of me, fantastic. Now this is my friend, Aurelia, she's much more interesting than I am." Klaus looks at Aurelia with a smile.

"What is she?" The woman sceptically asks, "I'm a myth, darling." The woman looks at her in confusion, along with all the other wolves. Aurelia smirks, "I'm the Tribrid." She states, confidently. Gasps are heard from everyone, and the people start muttering things.

Klaus, Aurelia, and Stefan are sitting on a log and everyone is standing still, looking at the three of them.

"Its fascinating, actually. We're both werewolves that aren't beholden to the moon, vampires which don't burn in the sun. A hybrid, and shes part witch, so Tribrid."

Ray wakes up with a gasp.

"Excellent timing, Rayray! Very dramatic. Bravo." Aurelia says. Ray is gasping for air and feels a need to drink human blood. "What- Whats happening?" He gasps out. The three of them ignore him, Klaus speaks up. "Stefan." He signals to him. Stefan gets up, "Are any of you human? Your friend need human blood to complete his transition to become a vampire. If he doesn't get it, he dies." He explains, looking at the people around them.

"Doesn't take much, just a little sip. Anyone? A boyfriend? A girlfriend?" He eyes the people. And his eyes land on a man. "You." Klaus rushes over to the man and bites his forearm. Stefan grabs the man and throws him to the ground infront of Ray. A woman starts to protest but Aurelia grabs her by the throat, shutting her up.

"If you don't drink it, Ray. I will. Problem is, I don't know how to stop." Stefan explains to Ray. Kkaus walks up to the woman, "Its the new order, sweetheart. Join, or you die." The woman shakes her head, "I'd rather die than become a vampire."

Klaus shakes his head, "Wrong choice." He bites his arm and forces her to drink his blood. Stefan watches as Ray drinks the mans blood. Klaus snaps the womans neck, "She'll thank me for that," He laughs and turns to the people surrounding them, "Who's next?" His hybrid face showing.

<><><>

Stefan walks back, all sweaty and with Ray on his back. He looks around and everyone is dead. Klaus and Aurelia are sitting beside eachother in silence. He drops Ray.

"They went rabid. Some of them, we killed. The others.. they just bled out. In the end, theyre all dead." Klaus says with a hint of sadness in his voice. He really wanted this to work. He wanted to grow an army so big, that nobody would ever dare to pick a fight with him. Klaus lets out a growl and throws a glass bottle to the ground, smashing it.

"I did everything I was told!" Klaus takes a deep breath in, "I should be able to turn them, I broke the curse. I killed a werewolf, I killed a vampire, I killed the doppelgänger."

Stefans face becomes uncomfortable, but he hides it quickly. Aurelia saw the switch in his features and became curious as to what he's hiding but didn't say a word. Klaus abandons the conversation and turns to Stefan, observing him.

"You look like hell." He comments. Stefan nods, "Last I checked, I'm dying and you don't want to heal me." He says. Klaus looks down to Rays body, and sighs. "I had to take him out. I didn't have a choice. I failed you. I'm sorry. Do what you have to do." Stefan lets out a sigh.

Aurelia is sat on the log, staring at the blazing fire. It should have worked, they broke the curse. Her mind wandered places, trying to piece the puzzle. She saw all three of them die at the sacrifice.

"It should have worked." She muttered to herself. Klaus hears her and nods, "It should have worked."

Klaus bites into his wrist and gives Stefan his blood. "Bottoms up. We're leaving. It seems as though you two are the only comrades I have left."

Stefan drinks his blood and feels the bite going away. His body relaxes as he's healed.

The trio starts to make their way out of the woods and follows Klaus. Aurelia wonders whats going to happen next, "Where are we going?"

Klaus keeps walking ahead, but looks back to answer her question, "Chicago." He says simply. Aurelias eyes widen, they're going back to Chicago. Her body fills up with excitement. Meanwhile, Stefan is still tense and uncomfortable.

_____________________________

Yayy chicago is next chapter. Sorry for the long update. Rebekah is coming really soon. But im sososo excited The Tortured Poets Departmen album is out TONIGHT!!!