Chapter 15

Izuku was walking through the halls, trying to quickly get back to his class to watch the rest of the first round. He rounded a corner and came face to chest with someone. He backed up to get a good look at who it was, though by the heat radiating drom the man, he could already tell who it was. Izuku looked up and into the eyes of the Flame Hero himself, Endeavor.

Izuku: "Sorry sir. I wasn't looking where I was going."

Endeavor narrowed his eyes.

Endeavor: "It is, alright. Have you seen Shoto?"

Izuku: "Not since the Cavalry Battle."

Endeavor grunted before sighing.

Endeavor: "That boy, always disappearing."

He patted Izuku's shoulder.

Endeavor: "I apologize for wasting your time boy. Midoriya, was it?"

Izuku, now confused, nodded.

Endeavor: "If you see him, tell him we need to talk."

He walked past Izuku, who just stood there. THIS is Endeavor, the man that Izuku was sure was behind Todoroki's anger? That doesn't make sense, he was so polite. Izuku turned around.

Izuku: "Um, sir!"

Endeavor stopped and partially turned around.

Endeavor: "Yes?"

Izuku: "I don't mean to pry, but is there a reason Todoroki hates you?"

Endeavor raised an eyebrow and turned to face Izuku fully.

Endeavor: "Not that I can think of. Why?"

Izuku: "It's just that he doesn't use his fire, and every time it's brought up, he freaks out and gets incredibly angry. Not only that, my quirk let's me sense the life force of people around me, and he seems to be angry all the time."

Endeavor hummed in thought.

Endeavor: "That, doesn't make sense. But, he has been distant lately."

Izuku: "I can keep an eye on him at school for you if you want sir. If this really is abnormal for him, it might be for the best."

Endeavor: "If you could. I'll tell All Might to give you my number. Good luck on your next fight, Midoriya."

With that said, Endeavor turned around and continued to walk away. Izuku also turned around and walked to 1-A's seats to sit down and watch the fights. Once he got there, he found an open seat next to Bakugo and sat down. As he did so, a large glacier suddenly appeared in the middle of the arena. It towered over the stadium walls and even entered some of the seating areas.

Izuku: "I guess it's safe to assume Todoroki won?"

Bakugo faked a scoff.

Bakugo: "What gave you that idea?"

Izuku heard movement behind him and turned to see Ibara standing up.

Ibara: "Looks like it's my turn now."

Izuku: "Good luck."

Bakugo: "Kick Sparky's ass Green House."

She left the 1-A seats and headed towards the waiting room to await her match.

---

The first round of 1 on 1 matches had finished. Ibara defeated Kaminari easily using her vines and Bakugo was able to beat Uraraka, though it was a tough fight for both of them. Izuku was once again in the hallway leading to the arena. This fight would be hard, much harder than Shinso. He was fighting Todoroki, one of the strongest in their class and he was doing it without his quirk. Izuku took in a deep breath and let it out before starting his walk onto the platform. As he did, Mic began to call out their names.

Mic: "ONTO THE FIGHT MANY HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR SINCE THEY WON THEIR ROUND ONE FIGHTS! IZUKU MIDORIYA, THE ONE WHO EXTENDED THE FESTIVAL WITH ONE MOVE VERSUS SHOTO TODOROKI, THE ONLY COMPETITOR WHOSE QUIRK AFFECTED THE AUDIENCE THEMSELVES!"

Izuku and Todoroki stood across from each other on the arena platform and locked eyes. Midnight raised her hand.

Midnight: "Are you two ready?"

Todoroki: "Yes."

Izuku nodded.

Izuku: "As I'll ever be."

Midnight then threw her hand down.

Midnight: "Fight!"

Todoroki shifted his right foot and sent a wave of ice at Izuku, who jumped to the side to avoid it. As soon as he landed, Izuku began to run at Todoroki, who sent another wave of ice. Izuku again avoided the ice and continued his approach. Todoroki sent yet another ice attack at Izuku and managed to hit him, though the expectation of a dodge made the ice only hit Izuku back. Izuku rolled along the ground before hitting a previous ice attack, stopping his roll. He stood up.

Todoroki: "Midoriya, give up."

Izuku: "Make me."

Todoroki attacked again, but Izuku side stepped the ice and took a few steps forward.

Todoroki: "You can't win this without your quirk."

Izuku: "Who says I'm not using it?"

Todoroki became confused as he sent another ice attack, that Izuku once again avoided before advancing just a little.

Todoroki: "But you can't use your power!"

Izuku: "My quirk isn't all power."

Another avoided attack. Izuku could see the frost forming on Todoroki's right side.

Todoroki: "What does that even mean?"

Izuku: "It means I know my quirk inside and out. And from how you're fighting, it's clear I understand my whole quirk more than you understand your cold side."

More frost appeared as he attacked Izuku agin, but this one was slower, easily avoided.

Izuku: "My quirk doesn't just let me absorb Natural Energy, it lets me sense life as well. Humans don't contain the energy I absorb, but they do have life. Quirks are an extension of a person, meaning their affects also don't have nature energy, but they do contain the life essence of the person."

Todoroki: "So!?"

The next attack was barely even an attack.

Izuku: "So, I can sense where your ice is heading before it even forms as you extend your life energy into the ground to make it."

Todoroki attempted a sneak attack by making a piece of ice grow more ice and aimed a blunt attack at Izuku's head, but the green haired boy tilted his head, making the ice miss.

Izuku: "You're getting beaten by half of my quirk. The half that most would call weak."

Izuku got in Todoroki's face.

Izuku: "So what would that make you?"

Izuku wound back his arm, and punched Todoroki in the chest. The cold hearted boy hadn't moved from his side of the platform, so the punch knocked him out of bounds. While he had planned to make Todoroki use his fire, the conversation with Endeavor made Todoroki's actions suspicious to Izuku. He woukd need to his classmate to stay how he was to get to the bottom of what was happening.

Mic: "AND THE WINNER IS IZUKU MIDORIYA!"

Izuku walked back into the stadium halls to watch the rest of the round.